Skin Care 101 - My Weekly Facial Routine

by - March 12, 2013

As I have shared previously, I was able to create a facial routine with the help of some of my fave skin care products.  I'm doing it once a week just to thoroughly clean my face from all the dirt I'm getting outside.  Pricking can remove them better, but let's admit, not all of us can endure that (including me, yes!)... and besides, this routine is waaaaaay cheaper.

Okay, let's start!  (I thought of making a video for this, but I'm really busy.  Sorry!  >_<)

1. Wash


Let's start with a clean face.  Just use your usual facial wash.

2. Steam 
Clinics use a machine to produce steam for the face, but we won't need that.  :)  Using a bowl, pour some hot water.  Next, just lean over it making sure that you get/feel the steam.  You can also use a towel.  

This step is to prepare the face for the cleaning process by opening the pores.  You can also add herbs or oil such as rosemary, tea tree or chamomile.

Do this for about 10 -15 minutes.

3.  Strip




To replace the pricking part, I recommend using a nose strip/mask to strip the blackheads and unclog your pores.  I'm using iWhite Nose Pack, check it out here.  It's not painful at all. :)  Cheap and very effective.  Wait for it to dry (really really dry) and peel it off.

4. Tighten




After cleaning the pores, it's time to seal it again.  I recommend using a pore-minimizing toner in this step.  It will also take away the residues from the unclogging.

I'm using Etude's Wonder Pore Toner, check it out here.

5. Mask




You can use any mask of your choice.  Personally, I prefer skin care products that targets my visible pores so I'm using another one from Etude, Wonder Pore Modeling Clear.  Check it out here.  I also tried their Pearl Extract Mask which is okay too.

You can also go for some DIY masks by using some ingredients from your kitchen or fridge.  :)  For example, an egg or yogurt mask.  Check some tutorials on Youtube.

You can substitute this step as well with a face scrub.  It will exfoliate your skin and remove dead skin cells.

6. Tighten

After washing you face and removing the mask or scrub, apply toner again.

7. Moisturize



We are down to the last step, time to moisturize.  This is a normal step which should be done daily, same with using a toner.  Bring back the moisture even if you have an oily skin.  Just look for one that doesn't leave a dewy finish and not sticky.

Currently, I'm using iWhite's Aqua Moisturizing Cream.  I tried it because it's very affordable and available in sachets.

I recommend doing a facial massage while (or after) applying a moisturizer for blood circulation.

That's it!  7 easy steps and you're on your way to a brighter and healthier skin.  Our skin deserves a special treatment every once in a while (or every week! HAHA!).

Of course, you can add more steps to this routine such as eye cream, serum, anti-aging cream and other products that you want to use that cater specifically to your skin problem or skin type.

Hope this helps and good luck!


your sweetest drug,



You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme.
    Did you design this website yourself or did you hire someone to do
    it for you? Plz respond as I'm looking to design my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. thank you

    Here is my blog post :: Top anti Aging Products

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Neat post. There's an issue along with your web site in web explorer, may check this? IE nonetheless is the market chief and a large element of folks will pass over your wonderful writing due to this problem.

    my page Recommended Web-site

    ReplyDelete
  3. magnificent points altogether, you just gained a new reader.
    What may you suggest about your put up that you simply made a few days in the past?
    Any certain?

    Feel free to surf to my weblog; Pur Essence

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?