Pamper Me Day at Ahavia Lounge Spa, San Juan

by - April 03, 2013

It has been another stressful month.  Our one way of pampering ourselves is to go to a spa and experience total relaxation.  In this case, it also served as my treat for the stressed birthday boy, Kris.

We began searching for a place that won't go over our budget.  We found two incredibly beautiful spas, but upon checking the rates, we had to say no.  Besides, I'm not ready to spend 1000 plus pesos for a 1 hour massage.  My teammate, Anela recommended another two and finally, we're sold.  :P

Let me share you our experience at Ahavia Lounge Spa.


They have two branches now, San Juan and Quezon Avenue (soft opening).  You can easily reach the place when you take a taxi or by car.  It's located around residential area and there are no public vehicles dropping by, so you can notice that it's really quiet and peaceful.  However, a 3-5 minute walk is needed to reach a "major" road where you can find cabs.

smoking area


A minty aroma will welcome you even before entering. :)  By the way, they serve some meals and drinks too.


sorry, I had to increase brightness

I liked their reception area.  Cozy seats! Friendly and attentive staff too. Just approach them for your desired treatment and you'll be asked to pay afterwards.  They also accept credit card. 


Free hot tea!  Yay!  This is the last picture, sorry.  :(  I'll just tell you the story, kids! :P

I had the coffee body scrub (599 php) that's inclusive of a short full body massage and added an extra back and shoulder massage (99 php) too for 20 minutes.  You can avail their other express services for the said price (each), but you have to choose a separate treatment first.  Kris had the Ahavia signature massage (699) for 2 hours.  He doesn't like scrubs.  Boo.  :P

With that said, their rates are pretty much reasonable, right?  Now, onto the experience. :)

For me, the place was like an elegant house.  Huge curtains, carpeted floors and stairs, black and white Victorian wallpaper... really nice ambiance.  Shower and toilet rooms were clean. 

We decided to use their VIP room, 299 for the first hour and and additional 199 (per hour) if you extend.  If you avail 2 packages, the room is free!  (whole duration of treatment only)
There were 3 beds, a sofa, a cable TV and a steam shower unit which was by the way, difficult to operate.  HAHA!  But I liked it because there's a radio inside... and blue lights too!  Cool.

Coffee Body Scrub
  • The scrub product itself was fragrant.  I loved it, but I expected it to be a little stronger... I mean lingering, like if I could smell it from all over the room or something like that. :)
  • Very reasonable because all of their scrub treatments include a short full body massage
  • I don't know how to assess a good massage, but it felt really nice for me, so thumbs up for that.  As long as it's relaxing, right?  HAHA!

Ahavia Signature Massage
  • Kris said that it was indeed, good given that it's 2 hours.  Whew!  That must be tiring for the massage therapist.     
It was such a de-stressing experience and definitely, we'll be back for more treatments.  I really recommend it.  Give it a try.  They are open from 12 noon to 4 in the morning.  That's great because I can drop by even after my shift.  We'll visit Quezon Avenue soon before trying out a new spa. 

For more information and for the full list of their services, like them on Facebook

What do you think?


your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?