Make Up And Hair (MUAH) - Revlon Colorstay Concealer

by - July 25, 2013

I think it's been a month since I bought this concealer.  Finally, I started using it.  From E.L.F. Cover Stick, I switched to Revlon.


The reason?  Well, I decided to stick to drugstore brand and actually, when I was shopping at Watsons, Revlon's saleslady demonstrated her super persuasive power.  HAHA!  

By the way, before I proceed to the review, you should give me effort points for these amazing photos.  Thanks to Kris for lending me his camera!  I can now show you blog-worthy pictures!  Please help me convince him to take more of my outfit shots.  Pretty please??? :P  You can bother him on Instagram, @gutierrezkbv HAHA!  #badgirlfriend


I told you before that I really prefer liquid based concealers than cream.  Why?  They are much easier to blend.  It saves time and you can avoid the rubbing part.  

Here's another reason.  The applicator.  Such makeup products usually come with this kind of brush.  Very convenient and hygienic.  


I chose the Medium shade.  It's better if your concealer is a few shades lighter than your skin tone.  Your goal is to somehow highlight the eye area making the eye bags less visible.  As for the screaming pores and other blemishes, the technique is almost the same.  But of course, it should be evenly blended out.

slightly blended

I think it's time to show you the before and after photos.  Ooooh!!  You'll see my bare face again!  HAHA!  Not cool!  #fortheloveofblogging  

I used my front camera this time.  #selfie

before
puffy eyes, huge eye bags, redness around my big nose and other irritating blemishes
They are all present.  Perfect. T_T

after

I'll let you decide if it made a difference.  :P  And wait, here's my face of the day #fotd.


I don't include foundation on my daily makeup routine.  So, it means that I really really rely on my concealer to give me the coverage I need.  For me, the most important thing is that, it can brighten and wake up my zombie, dull face.

What I love about it:
  • Liquid based
  • Pacakaging - has an applicator
  • Fits skin with yellow-undertone - see how it erases the redness?
  • Blends with your natural skin tone - doesn't create unnecessary lighter spots
  • No breakout
  • Doesn't clog pores
  • Price is acceptable considering the size - but its still more expensive than other drugstore brands - I bought it for around 650 php (sale)
  • Doesn't cake

Not so cool about it:
  • Even if says, "Colorstay", you may need to re-apply after a few hours especially if you have oily skin
  • Light to semi-medium coverage
  • Its like a "foundation trying to be a concealer"
  • Doesn't highlight 

Rating: 8/12 

What do you think?

At least, I have a concealer-slash-foundation.  2-in-1!  HAHA!  It's okay, but it didn't impress me that much.  

Like Revlon on Facebook for more updates.


your sweetest drug,



You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?