Make Up And Hair (MUAH) - Palladio Rice Paper

by - September 15, 2013

Oil control sheets never leave my bag.  They always come in handy and perfect for those who hate putting on another layer of powder or foundation in the middle of the day like me.  It's very easy to use and you won't need any techniques.

The last brand I used was a total failure so this time, I looked for something different.  A new brand as well here on my blog.  It's called Rice Paper from a U.S. cosmetic brand, Palladio.


Obviously, it's made of paper and not the usual blue film.  Aside from that, the key feature is rice powder.  This has been used for ages in Asian countries not only for skin care or makeup use, but also for writing, architecture, art and even as food.

Rice powder is also an ancient beauty secret.  In Japan, geishas use this as a white foundation to achieve that porcelain looking skin.  In some other countries, they use this substance to set their makeup.


One interesting thing about this blotting paper is that, you can use both sides.  The matte side contains rice powder.  One box has 40 sheets.  I bought this at Beauty Bar store for 225 php.


Since it's paper based, it might break easily as you wipe it over your face.  But it's not a big problem for me because by that time, it already absorbed most of the oil.


Look at the size!  It's twice as big as the normal oil control sheets - making it 80 pieces!  I split it in half and surprisingly, it's enough to get rid of a shiny t-zone.  I always give the other half to Kris.  HAHA! 


The previous photo shows the matte side with rice powder.  This one above is the normal side.  It can absorb grease as well.


Here's what it looks like after doing its job.  Now, let's breakdown everything. :)

What I love about it:
  • Very effective - removes shine
  • Rice powder doesn't create a white cast 
  • No need to apply powder for touch ups - tipid!
  • No irritating scent
  • A little pricey but on the second thought, it's very reasonable because it contains 40 sheets already and could be 80 even!
  • No breakout
  • Doesn't irritate pimples - suitable for sensitive skin
  • Doesn't clog pores
  • Packaging is okay
  • Easy to remove from the box
I don't have any negative comments about this product.  I might even stick to this - my oil control sheets forever.  But tell me if you know other brands.  I'd love to try them.  :P

Michelle Phan also mentioned this on her Night Life Favorites video.  Cool!


You can find Palladio products at Beauty Bar branches (Ayala Malls) or you can shop online here.  They also have loose rice powder.  I'll try it some other time to check if controls oil too.  

What do you think?

Like Beauty Bar PH on Facebook.





your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?