Make Up And Hair (MUAH) - The Face Shop All About Mascara Power Volume

by - January 23, 2014

I wanna finish the reviews for all products I bought from my last The Face Shop little haul, so I could start with the lippie post marathon.  Stay tuned for that!

Featuring today, my current mascara!

445 php

I'm not picky when it comes to mascara.  How about you?  As long as it makes my lashes thick and long enough, it's fine.  I'll survive.  And yea, let's add, "as long as it's not expensive" - that's important!  HAHA!  I'm also not fond of waterproof type because it tends to make the hair brittle when applied daily.  So, water-resistant is better if you'd ask me.


This one from The Face Shop is called All About Mascara No. 03 or also known as, Power Volume.  It's 3 other siblings are named Base (01), Clear (02) and Power Curling (04).  Pretty straightforward.  No explanation needed.  I guess getting the first two is not necessary (it's up to you).

I love the simple packaging but most importantly, the design of the lid is a nice idea.  It somehow snaps when you close it.  That way, you'll be 100% sure that it's tightly sealed.  I mentioned this because as we all know, this product hates "air exposure" and you'll definitely hate yourself more once you found out that it's all dried up after leaving it open.  Tsktsk.  Has it happened to your dearest mascara before?


The applicator looks like a regular spoolie with short bristles.  I haven't encountered any troubles transferring the product to my lashes specially when getting in between them.  The formula is not too heavy even if this mascara focuses on giving volume.  It's also not too watery, so it won't slip and slide throughout the day.  I have used this many times and so far, I haven't encountered any smudges.  Minimal fallout, yes, but still, not enough to make you look like a zombie.


I did a little "smudge-test" the other day and it passed.  HAHA!  I tried splashing water on my face and then, rubbed it gently.  I noticed that some came off and landed on my under eye area.  If it comes into contact with water, it won't budge.  It might just feel a little heavier though (if that makes sense) and somehow, the lashes sticks together.  If you rub it, you must get your mirror after and you might see a panda.  HOHO!

It's really water-resistant.  I'm not sure though if it's tear and rain resistant too.


It's not available in other colors aside from black.

Time to show you the before and after photos!


My lonely and unnoticeable lashes became perky and more visible after applying Power Volume!  See that?!


I love how it clings to my lower lashes!  It makes them appear longer!  That's the trick if you want to open up your eyes more and make them look bigger.  It surely looks good with white, silver or rose gold eyeliner on your waterline.


It really makes a difference in terms of length and of course, volume.  However, the only drawback is the fact that it tends to appear clumpy at the second coat.  Gladly, it doesn't look like spider lashes.  So, I recommend applying only once.  But, you know, it's up to you.  If you have super short and ultra thin lashes, maybe 2-3 coats would work.  Try it first. :)

Here's the summary.

What I love about it:
  • Price
  • Packaging
  • Gives length and volume - could pass as falsies!  HAHA!
  • Formula
  • Available in washable/water-resistant
  • Doesn't smudge easily
  • The brush can get in between lashes making application super easy
  • Once dried, stays in place all day - YES, ALL DAY!
  • Lifts the lashes
  • Doesn't feel heavy
  • Works well even with lower lashes
  • 1 coat is enough to see the effect
  • Minimal fallout
Love this mascara!  <3

What do you think?


Like The Face Shop Philippines on Facebook for more details about their products.



your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?