Make Up And Hair (MUAH) - The Face Shop My Lips Eat Cherry Aqua Tint

by - February 16, 2014

Hello from Cebu!  Starbucks, Crown Regency to be exact.  HAHA!


How's your Valentine's Day date?  It seemed that everyone looked forward to this "love day".  I saw a lot of ladies and gents holding flowers, balloons and chocolates.  Truth is, the occasion annoyed me.  It's not because I didn't get the chance right to be with Kris (well, maybe partly).  It's because the traffic was terrible.  It took me almost an hour to get a taxi.  But then again, mine went fine.  I survived.  Thanks to Kris' uncle, aunts and cousins.  I had a quick date with them at Ayala Center. After that, had a simple "me time" and bought myself a pair of shoes.  (Call It Spring was having a crazy sale - 70% off!!)  VDAY dinner you asked?  Well, I enjoyed my McDelivery - fast food yolo meal!  All mine!  Felt guilty after, by the way.  :D

So, nuff with a not so interesting story.  Let's move on to our featured makeup today!


Here's another one from The Face Shop.  It's called My Lips Eat Cherry Aqua Tint.  It's basically a tint in liquid form, almost water-like consistency.  From the label itself, it's created mainly for the lips as a lip tint.  But everyone knows how this can double up as a cheek tint.

This came with the awesome makeup bag I showed before.  I checked the price online and it's around 300 php.  


This shade is called Juicy Red.  It also has a lighter version called Juicy Cherry.


I'm so loving lip tints!  They are really a heaven sent.  It's the ultimate answer to my dark lip problem.

My Lips Eat Cherry is again, water based - very lightweight.  My criteria when it comes to lip tints are:

1. It should be moisturizing.
2. It should look natural.
3. It should be long lasting.

The first 2, passed.  The third one?  Good enough.

Left: blended 

Here's the swatch.  

You can tell how pigmented it is.  It's normal for tints to dry fast, so you better blend it with your fingers quickly after application.  I love the color!

It has a wand applicator which makes it super easy to apply.  The packaging is handy and bottle's clear so you'll know how much remains.


I also use it as a cheek tint.  I'm loving pinched cheeks!


I used a tiny amount here.


It really looks like you're blushing.  The effect is different compared to powder or cream blush.


One coat on my lips in this photo.  With this tint, you will never ever look pale!  


At first, I thought that it will enhance my dark outer lips because the color is vivid.  But with proper application, it somehow balances out the color.


Sorry for my puffy eyes.  HIHI!

It will give you a shiny finish at first, but once it dries, it will look like normal, rosy lip color.  It's almost as if you have bare lips - very natural.

What I like about it:
  • Affordable - could be an alternative to expensive brands like Benefit, etc.
  • Packaging
  • Applicator
  • Looks natural when applied - "my lips but better!"
  • Doesn't feel heavy
  • Doesn't bleed
  • Consistency - water based
  • Smells and tastes like candy - yummo! (but don't drink HAHA!)
  • No chapping
  • Moisturizing - especially when your lips are prepped with balm
  • No problems when it comes to blending - but you still have to be fast
  • Lasts for hours - eating, drinking, wiping will result to fading but it doesn't easily transfer
  • Perfect for ulzzang lips and pinched cheeks
  • Vivid color
  • Easy to use
  • Still looks natural even after retouching
  • No breakout/irritation when used on cheeks

Watch-outs:
  • Do not apply on chapped lips
Other than that, I don't have anything bad to say about it.  I'm so addicted to tinted lips and most of the time, I prefer it than the rest of my lipsticks.


TIPS:
  • You can dab a regular lippie on if you want to change the color slightly
  • Apply a lip liner after if you miss some areas.  This will even out the color without building the color.
  • Apply on the inner section of the lips then blend a bit.  You'll love the effect!
  • When used as a cheek tint, put some on your fingers then blend on cheeks using a circular motion.  Do not put the wand directly.


That's it for now.  I'll be showing 2 make up looks once I'm done practicing them.  HAHA!  Stay tuned!

Like The Face Shop on Facebook for more details.  

Go and try this product! :) 

Good luck!



your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. I like lippies with included applicator. I find them cute and adorable!
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Aveeno Philippines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! thanks for visiting my blog. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. U're pretty.. Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you buy it its always out of stock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this has phased out here in PH. I don't see it anymore in their stores. They have released a new watery tint like this one in a new packaging.

      Delete
  5. Where did you buy it its always out of stock

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?