Skin Care 101 - St. Ives Apricot Scrub

by - May 17, 2014

One of the most loved drugstore skin care brands is St. Ives.  They are well known for their natural ingredients such as green tea, chamomile, oatmeal and the people's favorite, apricot.  I think that's their top-selling line.

When you search for an affordable but effective facial scrub, this one will definitely be in the list.  It's a classic ever since.


Blemish control apricot scrub by St. Ives deserves to be raved about.  It's made of 100% natural exfoliants and it's pareben-free too!  It targets acne because it contains salicylic acid.


Actually, at first I had no plans of buying this product.  But when I spotted this baby from Watson's counter, I was surprised because I didn't know that it's available in a smaller tube.  What a perfect timing for me to try and test it.

If I remember correctly, it costs around 70 php.  Very cheap, right?!  It will last a month or two when used 3 to 4 times a week.


So, maybe you're wondering, what's with apricot?  Truth is, I haven't seen one in person.  I don't even know what it tastes like or smells like.  According to St. Ives website, apricots are known to have high levels of carotenoids, related to Vitamin A.  When it comes to skin benefits, there are a lot but one that's very remarkable for me is the prevention of blackheads.  You know how I hate those annoying and ugly bastards.


Blackheads will keep clogging our pores and even after removing them, they will come back.  So, what we need is a great facial scrub.  Make sure to include it in your weekly skin care routine.

So, what do I love about this orange scrub?  First, the soft and supple feeling after rinsing it off.  The formula does not contain microbeads, so you'll really feel the "beads" as you massage it on your face.  Good thing is, it's not too abrasive but sometimes, I can't help but really rub it around my nose a.k.a. blackheads hideout.  :P

The scent is sooooo good as well.  Hmmm.. how can I describe it?  Let's see.  For me, it smells like soap, a little fruity, but not irritating.

It cleanses the skin, but it doesn't remove makeup very well.  It leaves the skin a little moisturized.  I didn't encounter breakouts too.

To be honest, I can't really tell if it helped in preventing and removing my blackheads.  However, it somehow maintained my skin's elasticity and I didn't feel any dryness or dullness after using it for a several weeks.  That means, it works amazing as an exfoliator.

Have you tried this scrub too?  What is your fave St. Ives product?



your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I've tried this and it just won't work on me :(
    I am currently using Cure as a scrub. :D


    littellebratontheloose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, i didn't see any improvements.. but i already accepted that because blackheads are so stubborn. regardless, i really like how it makes my skin soft after. :)

      Delete

What do you think?