Beauty Board - Lavender + Soft Pink

by - July 20, 2014

Been wanting to try a sweet, youthful and romantic look?  I'd recommend lavender and pink combination.  Trust me, it's very easy to pull off because of the soft hues.  If you're tired of the usual Valentine look with pink and warm eye shadow, why not play with these 2 beautiful colors?


In this look, I used 2 shades of lavender for the eyes and a soft pink blush and lipstick for that blooming effect.  You can skip the eyeliner if you like to keep it really subtle or just tightline to give it extra definition.


I'm really sorry if I can't show you the step-by-step pictures.  #badblogger

For the brows, keep it as natural-looking as possible.  Avoid the arch.  When putting on the eye shadows, start with the darker shade and pat it on all over the lids.  To blend the edges, sweep on the lighter shade.  You can play with more than 2 colors if you want.  Don't forget the lower lash line because this will accentuate the eyes.


You don't need any special blending techniques to achieve the eye makeup.  Just make sure to diffuse the color and get rid of the harsh edges.

As I've said, using an eyeliner will add definition.  So it's up to you how you would line your eyes.  For extra flirty lashes, glue on those falsies!


Adding light pink blush will enhance the overall look, so sweep a little bit on the apples of your cheeks.  You can do your usual contouring as well.


To complement the pastel eye makeup, pair it with a soft pink lipstick.  Actually, I did 2 lip looks here.  First, I used my NYX Dolly Pink lip pencil and dab on a little bit of The Face Shop's Aqua Tint on the center of my lips for that slight gradient effect.


For the second one, I used the same lip liner and The Face Shop Lovely Pink lipstick.  The color changed when applied on top of a very pale pink base.

What do you think?

Check out the full outfits here and here.


your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?