Sample Stash - Etude House Nymph Aura Volumer Pure #1

by - November 15, 2014

A dewy and glowy skin is a popular beauty trend in Korea.  It's the kind of finish that looks radiant, youthful and healthy.  I know some of us get a little confused about the difference between oily and dewy skin because there's a thin line between two.  And a lot of us shy away from it because we don't wanna look like a grease ball.  But I know, if you find the right product that works for your skin type, it might look good on you.



For this week's Sample Stash post, I'm featuring a magic potion that can help us achieve glowy-looking skin in an instant.

It's called Nymph Aura Volumer Pure by Etude House.  There are other 2 variants named Brilliant and Transparent.


Here's the full-size version.

25 g

At first, I wasn't sure how to use it and the Korean labels on the sachet didn't help much as well.  

Locally, it costs 748 php.


The product contains Argan and Avocado oil, which clearly validates its oily consistency.  

You can use Nymph Aura Volumer in 2 ways.

1) Mix it with your BB cream, CC cream, foundation, etc.  Suggested ratio is 3:1.  A droplet can make a big difference already.

2) Use it as a highlighter by patting it on the highest points of the face (nose bridge, cheekbones, and forehead) before applying base makeup.

Simple, right?


In the above photo, you can see the effect when mixed with BB cream.  I'm using my Precious Mineral BB Cream Cotton Fit in Natural Beige which has a powdery or semi-matte finish.


I've already used this product a few times and here's my feedback.  By the way, you may not see the actual difference because photos were taken under different lighting.  

What I like about it:
  • really delivers and effective in terms of giving you that dewy look
  • doesn't lighten the coverage of BB cream 
  • can also act as a highlighter
  • very easy to use
  • doesn't make the face makeup cake or become patchy
  • little amount goes a long way - even a sachet can last a long time
  • no irritation
  • doesn't clog pores

Watch-outs:
  • dewiness doesn't last all day
  • might not be suitable for oily skin (oil-to-oil doesn't sound right)
  • mixing it with another face makeup with dewy finish might intensify the effect; safer to use a foundation/cream with matte or normal finish
  • makes the consistency of BB cream thicker and heavier

  • I don't like the scent
  • oiliness makes me a little uncomfortable upon application, so I use a brush
  • makes the texture of BB cream stickier
  • makes the color of BB cream a little lighter 

Do not apply powder right after application.  Wait for it to settle.



If for some reason, you don't want to use products like this one as a makeup, but really want to try glowy finish, you can use skincare products that could make your skin glow from the inside.  This mist is an example of that.  Another option is to use an illuminating base or primer before putting on foundation, BB cream, CC cream, etc.


Here's what it looks like after 5 hours.

Will I purchase the full-size version?  Maybe.  I have mixed feelings about Nymph Aura Volumer Pure, but for me, it's really an effective "dewy-fier".

Furthermore, I have an oily t-zone so I always opt for matte finish.  But I can still try a dewy look from time to time because I love how it makes the face appear more flawless and more natural.  #feelingKoreancelebrity

Last #selfie.


I think ladies who have dry skin can fully enjoy the benefits of this product because it can improve the finish of your face makeup.  This really makes your skin glow and appear more radiant.  Dewy skin also perfectly suits a no-makeup look, especially when you want to emphasize a healthy and improved complexion rather than your eye makeup.


What do you think?


Like Etude House on Facebook.


your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?