Skin Care 101 - Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Pore-Reducing Toner

by - November 29, 2014

Finally, after the very long and tedious search, I have found the ONE.  I have discovered the toner that solved one of my biggest skin issue - clogged and visible pores.

If you have been a reader of le blog for quite a while, you probably have known how much I complain about my pore problem.  I've already tried a number of skin care products that I thought could help me shrink and unclog the pores on my nose area and only a very few of them have proven themselves effective.

Eventually, I learned that exfoliation is a key step, so I religiously do it every week.  Afterwards, I noticed a small improvement.  One factor that has significantly contributed is my current facial scrub by Skinfood.  Click here for the review.  However, this toner by Paula's Choice deserves 80% of the glory.

190 ml

Name of this toner is very straightforward.  I got this from Lazada at around 1,000 php.  Paula's Choice is a US skin care brand, so it's not easy to find it here locally.  I also tried to reach them through their PH Facebook page and they said that I could buy from them directly.

By the way, I'm sure you want to ask.  Who is Paula?


Paula Begoun is the founder of this brand, obviously.  She is a famous author and she spent years of research to create this skin care line that's dedicated to bring us only the best and effective skin care products.  100% guaranteed.

This toner suits any skin type.  It works as a regular toner which of course, balances the skin's pH level and removes any residue from washing.

I won't do the usual "what I love about it" part of my review because, I really do love the product itself.  All of it.


The packaging is a simple plastic bottle.  I wanted to transfer it to my liquid pump dispenser for convenience, but I totally forgot to do so, and now that I remember it, it's pointless because I've used up 3/4 of the toner already.

I use it twice a day, after washing my face.  It doesn't feel drying at all, though you still need to apply a moisturizer after.  It's pretty much like plain water.  There's no tingling sensation and again, no scent whatsoever.

In terms of oil-control, I haven't noticed any difference.  I use an anti-shine moisturizer anyway, so I don't mind.


I haven't encountered any irritation, redness and breakout as well.  Whenever I wipe my face with this toner using a cotton ball/pad, I usually see dirt or makeup residue, so I think it also has good cleansing properties.

I don't have before and after photos, so it would be a bit difficult for me to convince you that it is indeed, working and effective.  HAHA!  Anyway, let me still testify that my skin condition has become better ever since I switched to this toner.  Of course, it's with the help of my moisturizer and most importantly, the exfoliation part.  My skin is loving that combo!

To be honest, I still have visible pores even under BB cream, except they're lesser now compared before.  Some are still clogged, yes.  But every time I do my regular facial scrub and use this toner everyday, my skin is a whole lot better.  I don't even consider this pore problem to be a biggie for me anymore.


At the end of the day, it all still boils down to the products you're using and how you help them to be effective.  If you want to shrink down 'em pores, first, you have to unclog them.  How?  Exfoliate and use a working pore-reducing toner after.  That very first step would even maximize the benefits of the products you'd apply after, because it helps the skin absorb all of the good stuff.  Skin with a layer of dead skin cells will never ever be able to get that.

I'd definitely recommend this to everyone who wants to deal with their pore problem.  Actually, I plan to repurchase and try more products by Paula's Choice.  Truth is, I don't even wanna buy a different toner.   But of course, #bloggerduties first.  HAHA!  Don't worry.  I'll still share other brands and let you know if it worked for me or not.

Another thing to love about the brand is how they target all skin types and problems.  Whatever your skin issue is, I think they would be able to help you.  Here's the link to their site.

What do you think?


your sweetest drug,


You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?