Beauty Board - The Look I Failed to Recreate

by - December 21, 2014

The night before our Year Ender Party, I spent time trying to create a makeup look for the event and I thought gray smokey eyes paired with pink nude lips would suit my dark blue gown.  I practiced just to make sure that on the next day, I would be able to recreate it faster since I only had about 1 hour or so to do my hair and makeup.  It turned out, I failed to do the same exact look.  Boohoo! I was like, what the hell happened!  HAHA!  But, let me share it anyway and also, a bonus side story about my gown-hunting.




Here it is.  All gray and black for the eyes with va va voom upper and lower lashes.  As for the lips, I chose a pink nude color.  Highlighter also played a key role.

By the way, the products in the photo are just for examples.  They are all from Google Images.


I used matte eye shadows for this look because I didn't want to be all sparkly.  


Here's my pair of Red Cherry lashes.  I absolutely love it!  My mascara did a great job as well on my lower lashes.  


If you don't have a highlighter stick or powder, you can also use a pearly or shimmery white eye shadow.


A light pink blush would also be a nice complement to this kind of eye makeup.


I also tried on a few lipsticks, but pink seemed to be the perfect match.  


That's it!  I'll show you the actual look and the complete outfit as well on a separate post.

Kris and I decided to just rent a tux and a gown.  The theme was all about black, blue and silver and luckily, there's an available formal dress for me in a royal blue color.


We went to Marikina to visit this gown rental shop called Royanne Camillia.  Their formal wear ranges from 1000 to 2500 pesos.  


I fell in love with this fitting area.  I also spotted several gorgeous gowns and cocktail dresses, so if you need one for an upcoming event, go and visit this shop.

Here's the other choice.  


It's a simple black silk dress with nice back straps.


I liked the length and fit, but it's not padded and I would need to wear adhesive bra, so it's a no-no for me.


Here's my choice.  #backlessgain


It's longer than the other one. 

Check out how I styled it on my Lookbook series.


As for Kris, he opted for a black and silver combination.


If you're looking for a tux/suit rental, check out Gardini Fashion Center.


#lookingsharp


What do you think?



your sweetest drug,


You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?