LOOKBOOK - In The Middle of Nowhere

by - March 29, 2015



Have you ever felt lost?  You have no idea where to go and where life will take you.  Confused.  Adrift in your chosen journey.  Well, as much as I want to deny it, that's exactly where I'm at right now - in the middle of nowhere.


And no, I'm not talking about the place where we took this photo.  Though it seems relevant too,  especially the 6th one where I face two paths.  Hmmm, it gave me an idea.  I'd definitely edit that one.


Anyway, going back to what I was trying to say here.  Five years ago, when I was preparing for job interviews, there are these common questions I was trying to answer.  One of which is probably one of the most hated questions of all time.  Where do you see yourself in 5 years?  Pft.  It's so damn hard to find the right response to that one.  I can't even remember what I said.  Truth is, I'm not even sure if I answered that in the first place.


Now, it's been 5 years and I can't help but feel disappointed.  I am not sure if I'm in the right place anymore, or more accurately, if I still have a place.  A part of me thinks that maybe this is just all about quarter-life crisis, but the other half of me seems to believe that the universe wants me to take on a new roadtrip, to take the leap.  


I know the future is scary and it's easy (and tempting) to just lock yourself in your comfort zone.  I wish I have all the answers.  I wish I have the power to fast-forward to another five years to see what life has in store for me, and then go back to reality and do my best to prepare for my own "place" in that future.  I wish 5 years from now, I would be able to say to myself that, "Ichi, you made the right choice". 


Sorry for that long and totally unrelated-to-the-outfit intro.  HAHA!  Anyway, I hope you like this simple periwinkle chiffon dress and nude wedge pairing.  If you still haven't found a flattering graduation dress, try this one!  


I love the empire-cut going on right there because I think it gives a subtle flair and it complements the v-neckline.  The color is not too common, but still something that you can play around with.  You can throw on silver and black accessories for a little bit of contrast.  


What do you think?

Dress from The Chic Closet

Hype this on LOOKBOOK.



your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?