Project Vanity 7th Blog Anniversary

by - March 24, 2015

I was one of Liz's lucky readers who got invited to her 7th Blog Anniversary party held at Beauty Bar, Central Square.  Yes, you read that right.  It's Liz Lanuzo of Project Vanity!

I went with my friend Meg, the beauty blogger behind sunshinegirl.com.ph and of course, Kris was also there to accompany us a bit (he came back with a shopping bag HAHA).


It was a very awkward situation at first because I was too shy to approach other people and other beauty bloggers.  Seriously, if there's a How to Mingle with People -- for Dummies book, I would grab it right away.


After signing up, I received my loot bags (which I will show you guys in a bit) from the event sponsors.  Then, there I was.  No idea what to do next.  The makeup counters though seemed to call me, so I checked out some of them and did a little bit of swatching.

the shoes!!

After welcoming everyone, she demonstrated an easy and fresh summer makeup look.  I loved it because it's fuss-free and light yet still flattering.


And since it's also like a #girlpower event, three of Liz's closest girl friends gave an inspiring and empowering talk.  Rissa Mananquil-Trillo, co-founder of Happy Skin cosmetics - one of the most raved about local makeup brands, shared the brand's story and vision, and what inspired her to enter the world of entrepreneurship. Cheryl Tan-Chua, the person behind the amazing Japanese brands we see here in the Philippines, K-Palette, Cure, and Kracie, taught us a few things about setting our priorities straight.  Lastly, Maymay Samson, Brand Manager of Burt's Bees, gave tips on how to be successful in the corporate world.


Of course, there's this awesome lady who threw funny hirits during the event, Tita K.


And to entertain us, the beauty bloggers did a Lip Sync Battle!

Again, thank you and congratulations Ms. Liz!  Seven years!  Wow!  I can't imagine all the hard work you've put in for your blog and for your readers as well.  What you've achieved is really inspiring!


It's indeed my lucky day because I've finally met Shari A.K.A. The Misty Mom!  She's one of my favorites!  


I look forward to the next event where I can meet them again. #hopeful

Okaaaay, now onto the freebies!


The first bag contains a mix of Beauty Bar products.  I got a sample size of Cure Exfoliator, Fairydrops Mineral Powder and Happy Skin Don't Get Mad Get Even Hydrating Liquid Foundation.


The next bag is from Burt's Bees.  I got Facial Cleansing Towelettes, three lip balms, a lip gloss and body wash.


Overwhelmed!!!

I'm excited to try all of these products.  I will share my reviews for you all as well. :)


What do you think?


your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hey Ichi!
    Great meeting you - I hope to hear more from you in my blog so we can make chika haha :)
    Hope to bump into you sometime soon!
    Love the photos you took!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, thanks Shari for dropping by!! So sweet of you! *so kilig :D

      I do regularly visit your blog but still a bit shy to leave comments sometimes. HIHI! Looking forward to see you again soon! <3

      Delete

What do you think?