Beauty Board - No-Fuss Summer Makeup

by - May 17, 2015

Yesssss!  Finally, a haircut after 10 months and a new hair color after 15!  My hair is now happy and I can't help but feel... free!  Nah, that's not the word but yea, lakas maka-fresh!  Even though the length was a little bit shorter than I wanted, it's still okay.  My hair grows fast, anyway.  I'll do more hair talk on a separate post.

Today, let me share my quick, no-fuss summer makeup (here's the Beauty Board post I promised).


I know most of you are having this typical (and crazy) summer conflict with makeup.  How long it has been since you last used your eye shadow palettes, your eyeliner or your foundation?  I bet you're having a cool off with them.  Ugh, so heartbreaking.

But I feel ya ladies!  I'm also having it's-too-hot-outside-there's-no-way-I'm-gonna-put-on-makeup-but-I-still-want-to-because-I-want-to-look-alive-and-I-love-makeup-period thoughts every single time.  Come on and let's blame the hellish heat.


So, here's one way to still look fresh and still look like a person (not a zombie) this summer season.  And by the way, I do this look almost everyday except the lip color because I like to rotate my lippies and sometimes, minus the bronzer.  It has become my go-to, hot weather-friendly look!  Of course, feel free to play around with it!

Cheat Sheet For A Fuss-Free Summer Makeup

1) Always bring a facial towelette so you can freshen up anytime you need to.


2) Moisturize and protect your lips.


3) Prime your face to lessen what you need to cover (since we won't be using too much makeup base).


4) Only use a concealer for coverage.  Avoid layering BB cream and foundation (unless they're really budge-proof) because feeling like there's so much stuff on your face is the least thing we need to survive the total-sweatfest-as-soon-as-you-turn-off-the-fan-and-move kind of heat.


To maximize your concealer, do the technique below.


5) If you need more coverage, use a powder foundation.  Go for mattifying and lightweight ones.


6) Neat and well-filled brows are enough to make you look put together.



7) For the eyes, let's make it very simple.  I'm using a brown eye shadow with a slightly metallic finish because matte ones can make the look too flat (if that makes sense).  Skip the contouring and just apply a single wash all over the lids.  You can even use your finger and you don't need to be too neat about it.


8) Makeup on the lower lash lines is optional.  Skip the eyeliner as well and go for natural-looking makeup.


9) Load your lashes with mascara but make sure it's smudge-proof.  This will make you look more perked up.


10) Add colors to your cheeks.


11) Skip the contouring.  You can go for bronzer instead but it's still optional.


12) A bright lipstick is your best friend during summer days.  Sometimes, you can even skip everything and just wear a pop of color on your lips.  Ahm, maybe not everything.  We need brows too!


That's it!  12 steps, 13 products (you can even slash off half of it) for an easy, quick and simple summer makeup!  

I know you don't want to go out barefaced but hesitating to put on makeup because you don't want to look like a melting popsicle, so just chill because there's still a way to look fresh despite of the heat wave.


Products Used

Click the link to see my review!

Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes
Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser
Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Honeysuckle
Fairydrops Vanilla Puff Mineral Powder in Gold Ochre 
Physician Formula Eyeshadow
Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Powder Bronzer 


What do you think?


your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Pretty component of content about BEAUTY BOARD - NO-FUSS SUMMER MAKEUP. I simply stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to say that I get in fact enjoyed account your weblog posts. Anyway, I will be subscribing to your feeds, or even success with your access constantly fast. Can you visit my website?: assignment help manchester.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?