BURP GUIDE - Burgers and Brewskies

by - May 29, 2015

What do you say to a food tasting invite?  A BIG YES!

Recently, I attended a blogger event but it ain't related to beauty stuff.  It's food, guys.  Food.  Burger to be exact.  And it's a first.


So what's the name of the restaurant?  It's called Burgers & Brewksies, located in a relatively new dining strip, Capitol Commons.


Burger joints have been popping everywhere and competition is becoming tougher and tougher.  But I guess what people anticipate are these new, creative and crazy burger ideas - from patty blends to toppings and now, add to that, two of the best burger partners of all time, unconventional beers and out of this world cocktail mixes.


B&B offers both.  And more.

I'll stop talking for now and let you drool over these photos.  Oh yes, this post is picture-heavy so get ready for some scrollin'!

Let's start with the drinks!

Summer Hoedown (140 php)

What do you get when you mix watermelon and beer?  Well, try it for yourself because I know.  I know.  It's intriguing!  HAHA! 

Dirty Arnold (140 php)

Inspired by a famous golfer's favorite drink - half iced tea, half lemonade.  They added sweet tea infused vodka and a splash of pineapple juice for that tropical vibe.  Loved it!  

This Little Piggy Went to the Bar (200 php)

Now that's a mouthful. 

I really like how they name their drinks and food.  Quick fun fact!  If there's a job for that, I want it.  Come on, hire me please.  :P

This one has bacon-infused bourbon, tomato juice and fresh lime.

Sorry!  I forgot what this is.  But it's a combo of black beer and apple cider.

Chocnut Martini (160 php)

Genius.  I want to say that it's okay for kids.  But no.  HAHA!


They serve imported beers too and they have a kid-friendly menu.    

Now, onto the food!

Avocado Fries (seasonal)

Mothers, you can trick your kids into eating this healthier-than-actual-fries alternative because it tastes soooo good.

Angry Korean Wings (205 php)

What a better way to make Korean chicken wings than adding gochujang in the mix!

They also served Salt & Pepper (195 php) and Honey Garlic (195 php) which was a little too salty for my liking.

*top pick #1
I can't find it in the menu but basically it's a set of nacho chips with buffalo ranch flavored cheese dip placed in a bread.  Awesome.  I loved that extra flavor.  


*top pick #2
Again, can't find it in the menu.  These are ground chicken meat rolled into balls and tossed in B&B's buffalo sauce.  In short, they are Buffalo Balls.  Okay, I just made that up.  But it's the same idea.  So if you don't want to get all messy and you don't want to look like a caveman but your taste buds call for buffalo wings, try this one instead.  All you need is a toothpick, not a glove!

The blue cheese dip rocked my world.  

Fish Poppers (220 php) *top pick #3

This dish reminds me of fish balls!  But of course, it's fancier and it's in a more glorified version.  It's made of Sea Bream nuggets, fried tempura style with chipotle aioli dip.  

Bacon Chicharon (210 php) 

I guess this is the fad nowadays.  Honestly speaking, out of 3 restaurants that I've tried so far, B&B's version went straight all the way to the top.  They are perfectly sliced - not so thin, not so thick.  The best part, I could really taste the bacon more.  Surely, Kris would love this too.

B&B Sausage Platter (585 php)

Need I say more?  Bavarian Smokies, Hungarian and Thuringer Bratwurst in one plate wooden board??  

Between the two dips, I liked the curry ketchup.  The white one is spiced mustard aioli.


Okay, those are just appetizers.  Wave one done.  


Are you ready to meet the burgers?

Guacamole Burger (seasonal) *top pick #4

First, I wanna be real honest with you.  I'm in love with guacamole so I'm biased on this.  HAHA!

Btw, they serve fresh 1/3 pound 100% US beef patties.  Everything was nicely grilled and the overall flavor was top-notch.  But of course, there are a few ones that I didn't like that much.

You can also choose between brioche and whole wheat bun.

Don't Have a Cow (190 php)

Red lentil and bulgur wheat patty with roasted garlic aioli, B&B curry ketchup and shitake mushrooms sauteed with garlic and onions.

Sadly, I wasn't able to grab a bite of this one, but if you like mushrooms on your burger, I suggest you go pick this.

Call The Nurse (280 php)

It's made of spiced mustard aioli, B&B cheese sauce, seared mac & cheese and honey sriracha bacon.

Okay, the last ingredient is really inventive I must say. 

Again, I wasn't able to try this one.

Hector Salamanca (240 php)

This burger is the hottest of them all!  Why?  Imagine chili oil and jalapeno mixed together.  

I immediately chugged a glass of water after one bite.  So if you're a fan of all things spicy, I dare you to try Hector.

Kandi (265 php) *top pick #5

This guy right here is overloaded with carbs - bun + mac & cheese.  But I super liked it because of the candied bacon.

P. Sherman (250 php) 

B&B cares for the health conscious people too!  HAHA!  So they came up with a fish burger made of New England style fish cakes.  Better pair this with whole wheat bun!

Oh wait, the name of this burger deserves a #iseewhatyoudidthere!

Walk of Shame (340 php)

What?!  Egg in a bun?!  Amazeballs!

There's also crispy bacon and crisp potato hay on the side.


Again, I apologize if I didn't share too much details about the taste of each.  I was super full already when the parade of burgers was served.  I only had a little room for dessert left.  BUT before I talk about the "happy ending", let's meet some sidekicks first!

S.P.F. (65 php) *top pick #6

Oh boy!  How could I say no to sweet potato fries???  It's my absolute favorite!  Crazy in love.  Head over heels.  Obsessed.

Thanks to B&B for making it more awesome!

Cuban Missile (120 php) *top pick #7

Okay, I know what you're thinking.  120 pesos for a cob of corn?  But wait, give this fella a shot.  It's grilled and the spiced shredded cheese tasted oh so good!  I didn't taste a regular cheese flavoring and even if there's mayo (you know how I super hate mayo), it's like invisible (to the taste buds).

Chocolate-Covered Bacon with Cashew (not in the menu) *top pick #8

Oh yes, the bacon doesn't stop.  Not just yet.

It's my first time to try this kind of bacon dish and I must say, it instantly became my favorite!  I love the saltiness and sweetness colliding.  I was like "oh it's sweet" and then like, "oh wait, it's salty".  

I.  Got.  To.  Have.  More.

Here are the sweet treats!

B&B Chocolate Pudding (105 php) *top pick #9

This one blew my mind.  The dark chocolate custard was gooey and rich, and the sweetness was just right.  I also liked the texture that the cinnamon oatmeal added.

If you're not into chocolate, try Creamy Soy Panna Cotta (85 php).  

A simple panna cotta is enough to make me do a somersault because of joy and excitement.  Okay, maybe not a somersault.  But my point is, there's bacon on top of this show-stopper dessert.  Yes, spiced candied bacon bits!

Chef (150 php) *top pick #10

They modified this one a little bit.  Since they didn't have vanilla ice cream at that time, they used salted caramel flavor instead.  It normally comes with two scoops as well.

It's brown because it's covered with spiced choco powder (oooh I loved the kick) and yes, you've guessed it.  Candied bacons again.

All three are a must-try, can't-leave-the-restaurant-without-trying-it type of dessert.


Burgers and Brewskies is also a perfect hangout place.  Look!  They even have a DJ!  I can't wait to eat there again with Kris and my friends.


Btw, you can also visit their branch at Burgos Circle.  For more info, like their Facebook page and follow them on Twitter or Instagram.

Thanks again to Aldous for inviting me!  



What do you think?


your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?