Make Up And Hair (MUAH) - Clinique Different Lipstick in Angel Red

by - September 06, 2015

Doing a quick blog post before I finish the rest of the things in my to-do list.  I have a lot of catching up to do for the training that I'm currently taking which is also one major reason why my September is so hectic and on top of that, I really want to finish editing the new makeup video this month.

I'm not quite sure how I would be able to juggle everything.  Pft.

Anyway, let's get right into today's featured makeup - a lippie by Clinique which is included in the Bonus Bag my Tita gave me.


The brand offers a variety of lip products from the classic ones to long-lasting and even crayon type.  The one I got is from the line called Different Lipstick and according to their website, it's different because of its smooth, comfortable feel. Moderate coverage in a remarkable range of shades, from cream to pearl. Every one packed with rich emollients.  

This range has wearable colors with a good mix of reds, pinks, purples and nudes.  

As you can see, it's still housed in Clinique's classic green packaging for lippies.  They did a makeover for that and the one I saw in their website was like a metal/silver one.


Color

Angel Red is described as sheer blackened red.  Quite confusing. I know, 'cause the swatch doesn't look like one.  HAHA!  

For me, it's included in the dark red family and somehow I also see plum tones.  I think it would look good on all skin tones and it can pass as a wearable red as well.

Color payoff is not too intense and almost non-buildable.  It's not too opaque but pigmentation is still there.


Finish

I find it as a classic lipstick with subtle shine.

Application

It glides smoothly on lips without any tugging.  It's also hard to make a mistake with this one because it blends nicely.


Formula

It's not too creamy and it's almost scentless.  

Sometimes, it makes my lips chappy throughout the day even with balm underneath.

Longevity

The color lasts but only when untouched.  As soon as you drink, eat or wipe your lips, it would barely survive.  

It leaves a little amount of stain and when my lips are dry, it would settle in between the lines.


Overall, I think it's a basic lippie (not too different after all), an everyday red you can easily wear and pair with any eye makeup.  If you don't mind reapplying at least once a day, go for it.  

Nevertheless, I think there are better drugstore alternatives or other Clinique lip products you can try instead.  

I still like it and nah-ah, I'm not tossing it away.  As of the moment, I don't have a handful of red lipsticks in my collection.  I only have Ruby Woo and the Rimmel Kate Moss lippie which looks plum-ish on me rather than red.  So, it's nice to have a more wearable red option like this one.

What do you think?


your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?