Make Up And Hair (MUAH) - Maybelline Bold Matte in MAT4

by - September 25, 2015

I can't believe it's been years since my last Maybelline lipstick.  I don't know why.  Well, I don't hoard too often so maybe that's one reason.  It's not that I don't like them though.  Some of their lipstick lines are great and have earned raves as well.

So recently when they had a crazy sale, I thought it would be a perfect time for me to buy a couple of lippies.  I was going for the matte ones but unfortunately, stocks had run out.  Perhaps, people went crazy too because of the discounts.  HAHA!

And here's what I was able to take home.  Yep.  Just one.


Regular price is 399 php but I got it at 300 php.  Not bad!

COLOR

I got the shade MAT4.  From the tube, it looks like a true red but when swatched and on my lips, it comes off as a red orange.  It's not super opaque and not that buildable as well.  Meaning, even when I do multiple swipes, I still get the same intensity.


Here's a swatch comparison, side-by-side with Ruby Woo.


    Finish

This lippie is labeled as Bold Matte, but I find it rather sheer and the finish is a little bit satiny.  Color payoff is obviously not too intense and far from "bold".  There's also some shine even when you apply it on dry lips (or skin).


Application

Since it's not a matte, velvety lipstick, it glides like butter.  It feels like lip balm actually.  

My only complain though is that sometimes, the color doesn't apply evenly.


Formula

It feels moisturizing even without a lip balm underneath.  


Longevity

After the things I've shared above, maybe you can now guess this lipstick's lasting power.  Yep, you got it right.  

It transfers easily and doesn't leave a good amount of stain so expect a re-application after eating or drinking.


Overall, it's a good everyday, fuss-free lippie.  I don't have any other orange lipstick in my collection as of now because my MAC Tart & Trendy was snatched away by my cousin, so this one is a nice alternative to my lip tints and reds.  

One major gripe of mine is that, it almost has this "cheap feel".  Add to that, it could be deceiving for some people who like to shop for matte lippies.  I'm not sure though if the other shades are in this same formula too.


And by the way, I love pairing MAT4 with an eye makeup like this.  

What do you think?

Like Maybelline PH on Facebook and check out their latest promo.


your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?