Makeup Video - Day-to-Night Makeup Look

by - September 27, 2015

Yay!  It feels so good crossing out things in my to-do list.  Do you feel the same way too whenever you get productive?

I really wanted to finish this video today because I need to prepare the September haul as soon as possible.  Looking at my calendar, October weekends look so full and hectic already and I'm not sure how to squeeze in filming, editing and doing some draft posts.  Gah!

Anywaaaaaay, I hope this video would be helpful.  It's my first time to film using the lighted makeup mirror Kris gave me and I think I need to sit farther from it because the clips turned out to be brighter than I expected.  Sorry about my backdrop as well!  HAHA!  I'm still thinking how I can make it more Youtube-worthy.  Any tips?


The star of this makeup video is Heroine Make's Jewelry Eyecolor in Beige Gold.  It's my current favorite everyday eye shadow because it comes with neutral colors.  There's also a dark brown shade which I figured, can be perfect for smokey looks.  This one's very versatile so if you're a makeup newbie and clueless about what eye shadow palette to buy, you can check this out.  Again, it comes with a primer too, so you can get more bang for your buck.  Here's the link to my review.


Basically, you'd need to throw just one eye shadow palette in your bag when you need to transform your daytime makeup to something that's more night-appropriate.  Don't forget eyeliner too because you'd need that to intensify the look.

So, if you need to rush to an event after school or work, try this!


Click that play button!

Annoying windburn on my lips. :(

Products Used (click the link for my review)

Ecotools Eye Enhancing Duo Set
Clinique Powder Blush in Fig
Clinique Eyeshadow in Neutral (as highlighter)
Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Powder Bronzer 
L.A. Colors Lipliner Pencil in Sable (for night makeup - you can also use a bolder color if you want)


A few tips...

You may need to get rid of the excess oil before transitioning your day makeup to night makeup and re-apply face base (foundation or bb cream, etc.) and powder.  

You can also wear falsies for the night time look if you really want a more dramatic eye makeup than this.  Actually, this one's not too smokey and still wearable even during the day.

The type of eyeliner is up to you. You can opt for cat eyeliner or wing it out further.

That's it!

Thanks for watching!


your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?