Skin Care 101 - L'Oreal Revitalift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Day Cream

by - September 11, 2015

My stress level is skyrocketing.  Imagine a 4 pm to 1 am shift everyday, plus a 1.5 hour training at 8 am twice a week.  Woah.  Good thing I can work at a nearer office.

If a "10 Ways to Burn Yourself Out" list exists, that one's going to make it there.

Anyway, that's it for the ranting part.  For today, I'm starting the individual reviews of the products I mentioned in my latest haul video.

First, my current moisturizer by L'Oreal.


I can't remember the exact price but I think it costs around 800++ php.

Ever since I got to try a retinol cream, I got really hooked because I saw results.  I'm not talking about zero wrinkles or anything like that but the difference was just real guys.  I noticed improvements in my skin's texture and my pores behaved well.


So, when I was looking for a new moisturizer and saw this day cream with retinol, I instantly grabbed it.  Wait.  Actually no.  There were a lot of choices from the Revitalift line so I kinda weighed my options.  Haha!  But as far as I remember, almost all of them have retinol in the formula.

Obviously, this cream targets wrinkles, dark spots, sagging and all other signs of skin aging.  Okay.  I just realized that I'm gravitating more towards anti-aging products.  What's happening to me?  Is it because I just hit 26th?  *pokerface


I'll let you read the labels since it's well-explained there.  

I haven't actually noticed visible improvements yet after using it for a couple of weeks.  However, there are a few things I love about it.

Like what?

- it's a cream-type but consistency is not too thick and it glides smoothly on skin
- it has SPF, not much though so I need a separate sunscreen for protection
- doesn't leave an oily/icky feeling even though it's not like water-based moisturizers
- absorbed fast
- there's a feeling of having a more plump skin after application
- does not irritate my skin
- does not make my face greasier


There are only three things about it that might also be an issue for some.  

First, the scent.  It is not that pleasant but nothing annoying or anything.  It also disappears after a few seconds.  

Second, moisture level.  For someone who has a combination skin type like me, it would still work.  I don't encounter any dryness throughout the day anyway.  While for those with dry to very dry skin, I can't really say if this day cream would be enough.  Well, maybe you can use an intense moisturizer at night or bring a hydrating mist.

Third, its claim about fairer complexion.  I don't think it helps much on lightening some of my dark spots/areas.  Maybe after I finish a jar?


I'm hoping that I would see more results over time.  I actually care more about the firming effect (improved elasticity of the skin) rather than the anti-wrinkle thing.  We'll see!  Retinol, please work!

What do you think?

Like L'Oreal Paris Philippines on Facebook.

Happy Friday!


your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. Anti-Wrinkle Cream Solutions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us, and i hope you will share some more info about anti wrinkle cream. Please keep sharing !

    Instant Wrinkle Remover

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?