Make Up And Hair (MUAH) - Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara in Black

by - February 16, 2016

Today's featured makeup immediately went to my disappointing product list.


Probably, the first time you saw this here on le blog was when I posted my April and May haul video.  When I got the Clinique bag, I didn't use this mascara right away because I was already using two other ones.

Last month, I thought of trying it out and I ended up not loving it because it turned me into a panda.

End of review.

Just kidding!


This is clearly a mini version and as checked on their website, the full-sized retails at 16.50 usd.  So maybe the local price is over 600 php.


What I love about it

- It's basically a volumizing mascara but I noticed that it also gives extra length.


- It's really jet-black.

- The brush is kind of tapered, unlike typical mascara applicators and the skinnier end easily gets the lashes at both corners.


- It's not clumpy even after the 3rd coat.

- It really wets the lashes and it's not making them super stiff.


- I love its effect to the lower lashes.

I didn't use a curler prior and I didn't apply any eyeliner so you can see the actual difference.

Oh!  Please don't mind my brows.  I only had 10 minutes to do my makeup and to take these photos. #alwaysinahurry  haha!


I'm not very picky when it comes to mascara in general.  Even if it barely thickens or lengthens my lashes, as long as it doesn't cause mess, I'm good with it.  I'll keep using it.  Besides, I wear very minimal makeup on normal days so that's not a biggie.



So while I appreciate how this perks up my eyes, I still don't think that it would stay long in my makeup drawer.


Ready to see how the water-splash test turned out?


I didn't rub my eyes the entire day so I wonder why there's almost no product left in my bottom lashes.

Clearly, this mascara isn't for rainy or sad days.


It looks so bad because I put 3 coats.  After rubbing, some of it went in my eyes and it hurt a little so I had to immediately wash it off.

I'm not sure if there's Lash Doubling waterproof version but if there is, that would be perfect.

What do you think?


Like Clinique on Facebook.



your sweetest drug,


You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?