How I Whiten My Teeth

by - July 21, 2016

So this post is kind of expected because I've already introduced the product in my December haul.  It took a long while for me to start writing about it because well, to be honest with you guys, one of my biggest insecurities is the set of teeth I have.  I felt a bit hesitant to do this review because I knew that I would have to take photos of them and not to mention, close-up photos!  Haha!

So yes, another #bloggerduties situation but whatever.  Doing it anyway!

Quick background story...

I had braces from 2011 to October 2015.  After my dentist removed them, I didn't like how yellow my teeth turned out, which maybe I didn't notice too much when I had those annoying brackets.  So I looked for an affordable whitening solution and I'm really glad I stumbled upon this product... on Amazon.com!


Before we go to the amazing part, let me share some product info first.

These are from Crest and the product line is called 3D White Luxe.  Btw, these don't come in sets.  I bought the toothpaste, which came in a 2-pack version and a box of the whitening strips, which contains 20 pairs.


This one in photo is actually my 4th tube.  Yes, I've already sworn by it.  Haha!  I always order the twinpack version because I could save a dollar compared to when I buy it per piece.

There's another variant of this but Glamorous White is more popular.

It claims to remove up to 90% of surface stains in just 5 days.  5 days, guys.  5 freaking days.  That's a big statement but I must say.  I totally agree.  It's TRUE!


It contains .243% sodium flouride and it is enamel safe.

It doesn't taste like a strong minty toothpaste and it just leaves a fresh feeling after every brush.


So here's the deal...

Here in the Philippines, two brands came up with whitening toothpaste, you know, like the instant whitening type.  And I must say, they both seem very gimmicky but nevertheless, I still tried it.  Some of you might have used them too since they are being advertised very well and you might have seen it somewhere.  I'm not sure if they worked on you but personally, I think they just do not work at all.

When I got these the first time back in December, I didn't use the strips right away because I want to do more research about them to make sure I use them properly.  But as for the toothpaste, I was like, "you're going directly to the bathroom!"



Truth is, I didn't expect anything from it at first.  I just used it daily and after a week or so, I was really mindblown when Kris noticed that my teeth were not super yellow anymore.  Well, they're still not as white as today but the yellow color really faded.  I checked it myself and what I was only able to say (in a very surprised tone) was, "oo nga noh!"

What I also loved about it is how it made my chin spot-free.  I used to have small pimples on that area and I blamed the toothpaste I was using before for that.

Now, let's move on to the strips.


This, too comes in different variants.  They have 1-hr express, 30-minute and other ones but I chose the Professional Effects because a lot of Youtubers also recommended this.

It claims to remove 14 years of stain.  I think they should also add there something like "whitens your teeth AF".  Haha!  Char!


I thought I'd mention that I'm not using the strips on a regular basis.  I've used up 18 treatments since December so I'm down to my last two sachets.  I haven't tried applying it on two consecutive weeks as well.  That's just my personal choice though.  You can definitely use it as often as you'd like and as you could.

I don't have high tolerance for tooth sensitivity so as much as I want to have pearly white blinding teeth, I would just use this at a minimum of 2 to 3-week interval.


It is very easy to put on and peel off.  I leave this on for about 30 minutes and just wait for the result to take effect the next few days.

Here's the pamphlet that you can check out.

The strips contain the magical gel that whitens the teeth.  Like I said, it could be from I-can-take-it-it's-just-like-a-light-slap-on-the-cheek kind of painful to ouch-you-take-it-off-right-now kind of painful. Well, it will still depend on how naturally sensitive your teeth are and on your pain tolerance level.


It does have a weird taste but it's bearable.

From first strip to the next...

On my first strip, I saw a bigger improvement.  It's definitely a WOW moment when I started to notice the color difference.

On the second one, I felt a discomfort on two teeth and I got used to the weird scent.

Third, I felt a quick sting in one tooth.  However, still loving the results because my teeth were still getting whiter.


Fourth, I felt like my two front huge teeth were battered to death.  Haha!

Fifth, no discomfort at all during and immediately after the treatment but my teeth became more sensitive.

The succeeding treatments felt the pretty much the same.  Sometimes, I would get a really painful, enough-to-make-me-flinch sting.  The hyper sensitivity would last about 24 hours and afterwards, everything's back to normal.


Ready for the before-and-after photos?


The upper right one was taken before I started using the toothpaste and strips.  Don't mind the white stain-like thing on my two front teeth.  That's caused by flourosis and I had them since I was young.  I still don't know why I didn't think of having it removed back then.  Haha!  Thanks to my dentist (Hi, Dra. Precious!), I'm now free of that.  I'm extremely happy with the end result!

Anyway, as you can see from minion-yellow, the difference is really noticeable.  No camera tricks whatsoever.

I told you.  Crest is not playing around!


Above photo was taken last April.  With good lighting, my teeth really appeared nice and bright.  I still had the white stains at that time but it's less visible because of the improvement in color.

This one was taken a few weeks after my teeth were released from the chains.  Haha!


After a month of using the toothpaste and maybe 2 strips, here's how it looked like.


Actually, you can just watch my previous haul videos from December to present to see the difference.  I was really impressed!


Oh!  One tip!  Wearing a dark lipstick could also make your teeth appear whiter.

Final Thoughts

These are not available locally, so you have to order from a US online store and have them shipped here.  I always restock on the toothpaste, so let me know if you want to give these a try as well and I can purchase them for you.  Drop me a message!

Take note that if you are also a heavy coffee and tea drinker like me, your teeth will slowly go back to being yellow-ish.  So if you are using just the strips, you might want to use the treatments more often.  For best results, I highly recommend that you use the toothpaste too.  It would really maintain the color.  Trust me.

Photo from May

Of course, some teeth on the side won't get the love because of the size of the strip.

Make sure you prepare yourself as well on the sensitivity and discomfort.  I think there's no painless tooth whitening invented yet, right?  

So that's it!  Quite a long post.  Haha!


Let me know what you guys think.  Have you tried Crest 3D White Luxe products?  Or are you using the ones that come with molder, gel and blue light thing?  

Btw, if you're looking for a dentist, I'd like to suggest PAM Dental Center.  Here's the link to their Facebook page.  Look for Dra. Precious and tell her I said hi.  She got a very nice clinic and she's really great!  :)

#brightersmilewithCrest


P.S.
My teeth are not super white and bright now but so much better compared before.  Plus, I didn't undergo any professional whitening treatment before and after using these products.



your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Nice Blog Thank you for Sharing information. For any Dental Treatment Whitening toothpaste in Colin Street of West Perth is Best choice.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?