Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick in Mesmerizing Magenta

by - August 13, 2016

Feeling under the weather today.  Good thing my fever is gone but I still have this annoying phlegm that makes me cough.  Ugh.  

The plan tonight is to edit another vlog after this post.  I wanted to film but I don't think I have enough energy for that.  Maybe tomorrow?

So I'm going to talk about a lipstick that I've been liking recently.  It is one of the creamy mattes from Maybelline.  

They've also released the nudes ones here in the Philippines but I wasn't able to score anything. Yep.  Taking a break from shopping.  


I got this for only 199 (their introductory price) instead of 299 php.  I regret not buying at least two shades because it is such a great drugstore lippie.

Color

I picked Mesmerizing Magenta, a bright hot pink with purple tones.  Hmmm, not sure if I've described it correctly but anyway, the name says it all.  


It's really pigmented and same goes to the other shades I've swatched.  You can really get a good color payoff with just one swipe.

Finish

Clearly, it's matte.  No shine even a little bit.


Formula

I really think it's one of the best matte lipstick formulas I've ever tried.  Very velvetty yet so lightweight.  I don't find it drying either.

It also smells good - like Play Doh clay.  


Longevity

It transfers but color does not easily disappear.  It clings very well because it's matte and the best part, it leaves a stain so my lips are still kind of tinted after drinking or eating.

Although sometimes I get a lot of product in between the lines of my lips as it fades.  


I love how it gives a pop of color so on days when I'm not wearing anything on my eyes except mascara and I'm not in the mood for a red lip, I grab this one and I'm all good.

How about you?  Were you able to try anything from the creamy matte line?  


Like Maybelline Philippines on Facebook.


your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?