ELF Moisturizing Lipstick in Red Carpet

by - September 03, 2016

When I did a mini ELF haul, I grabbed this red lipstick because my MAC Ruby Woo already retired.  I then realized that I don't have any other true red lippies in my collection.  Why oh why?  Haha!

Anyway, I thought I'd give it a whirl and here are my thoughts.


Color

The shade is called Red Carpet.  It is a cool-toned red and the color of the bullet reminds me of Ruby Woo.


It's not pigmented though.  You have to do several swipes to build the color up.  Nevertheless, it's still a nice everyday lipstick.

Here's a swatch comparison.


Application

It glides like butter.  No tugging required.  You don't also have to be precise unlike with a bold matte lipstick.


Formula

It's super comfortable to wear and it's very moisturizing since it contains shea butter and Vitamins A, C and E.  Actually, I sometimes skip lip balm during touch ups and I still don't get chapped lips.

It's creamy and has a satin finish.  Up close, it looks uneven and streaky so better if you apply multiple layers.  You can also notice some product in between the lip lines.


Longevity

It fades and transfers but it leaves a slight stain.  You still have to re-apply after meals.


I'm not obsessed but I'm thinking of still keeping it until I get a new red lipstick.  Something that's more pigmented for that statement red lips. :)


What do you think?


your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?