Batch Review - Makeup from 100 Yen Store

by - December 18, 2016

Last week, I was already planning the makeup video that has been in my to-do list for a while now.  I even wrote today's date beside it to give myself more push and complete it.

But I don't know what the hell was wrong with me.  Because two days ago, I got irritated by a few clogged pores and I pricked them knowing that they could turn into zits. Good job, Ichi.  Good job.

Now, my face is spotty.  Well, I could just use concealer but my "filming mood" was already spoiled so I decided to skip a weekend and just wait for them pimples to heal.  Ugh.

Anyway, I've prepared a post for you guys.  No time to waste!


These are the products I grabbed at a 100 yen store in Osaka, Japan from the brand Mio Piccolo.  I've introduced them to you in one of my collective haul video.  Click here if you want to check it out.

I got a powder, concealer and a blush.

Pore Cover Powder


It's basically a translucent pressed powder so no coverage but it somehow blurs out the appearance of pores.  Also, since the shade is too light, it can really brighten the skin.  I mostly use it on my under eye area to set my concealer.

It makes the skin extra smooth but I'm not a fan of the talc-ish feel because I find it too heavy.


When I use it to touch up on oily t-zone, it applies a bit patchy.  It feels a little drying too.

Creamy Concealer


The first thing I noticed when I first used this one was its glue scent.  It smells like Elmer's Glue.  Haha!

It has very light coverage so I don't use it as a concealer.  Instead, when I use my lip tint as a cheek tint, this is the one I mix it with to tone down the color and make the application easier.


It is creamy and easy to blend and the color is my perfect concealer shade for my dark eye circles, but the formula is not that good.  It settles in the fine lines and I find it drying as well.


So here's how the concealer and powder look on le face.


Pink Blush

Now, here's my favorite from this bunch.

When I picked this up, I knew that it would be too pink and it's so likely that I wouldn't be able to use it at all.  But when I finally swiped it on my cheeks, I got impressed by the soft color and its lasting power.


It stays on my cheeks until I wipe it off completely.  Sometimes, when I use tissue to wipe off excess oil, I would still notice some color after.

It also doesn't give me a hard time blendingm but since it's really pigmented, I need to be very light on the application.


That's all!

I actually want to try makeup products from Daiso or Miniso as well because some are saying that there are a lot of good finds there.  Any suggestion?


your sweetest drug,


You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?