LA Girl Matte Pigment in Dreamy

by - January 19, 2017

Ladies (and gents), allow me to introduce to you my first ever liquid lipstick!

Before I go broke and go shop for liquid lipsticks to my heart's content, I decided to try this one from a local drugstore first.  I admit.  This was an impulsive buy.  I was only looking for BB creams, but you know, makeup junkie problems, I walked out the store with other things.  Haha! 😉  Virtual high-five if you can relate!

So anyway, here's LA Girl Matte Pigment in the shade Dreamy.


As you can see on the tube, they call it as a "pigment gloss".  Uhm, not sure about that.  It's clearly a matte liquid lipstick.

Color & Finish

It comes in 16 shades but I only got Dreamy, which is a matte, soft pink nude with some hints of beige.


Of course, I had to get the low-key colors first.  Haha!  I wanted something I can easily wear and apply (knowing most bold colors are very unforgiving).  

Color payoff is nice.  You can get the true color at first swipe.  



Application

It's housed in the usual tube packaging and it comes with a doe-foot applicator, which has flat sides.  It's super easy to put an even layer.  Also, the tip is very handy when it comes to working on the outline.

Formula

Now, here comes the tricky part - getting used to its sticky formula.  

It's by far, the most glue-ish matte liquid lipstick I've tried.  When I put my lips together, I could really see and feel the tackiness. 


As you can see in the photo above, the lines are emphasized once it dries down.  It's not too noticeable from a distance though.  On days when I wear this, I would frequently check if it made my lips like a dried plum already.  Haha! 😊

It's definitely not a lightweight lippie.  It's a bit drying as well.

I also remember eating a bread with this on and when I checked the mirror, some crumbs were like glued on my lips.  😋


Lasting Power

Though when it comes to longevity, this one's a badass.

It's a tough job to remove it.  I had to rub a cotton pad soaked with micellar water really hard to remove the swatch on my arms.  On the lips, there would be minimal fading/peeling after eating.


Dupe Alert

This is not an exact dupe but on the lips they look somewhat similar.  Dreamy is on the pinker side but sometimes, I could see more hints of beige specially under natural lighting.


Overall, it's clearly not my top pick formula-wise, but I'm still in love with the color.  It's perfect for everyday makeup plus, it makes my teeth look whiter.

You can get Matte Pigments and other LA Girl products at Watson's (at 349 php), SM/other Department stores or from some online shops.


What do you think?

Stay tuned for the BB cream review from the same brand!  Another thing to try from LA Girl is their Pro Conceal HD Concealer.





your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?