Colourpop Lippie Pencil in Dalia and Frida

by - April 29, 2017

Hello from Baguio!  We have time to kill before we head out for a quick night out, so here's another review.

By the way, I have already filmed a swatch video featuring my Colourpop liquid lipsticks.  They're just a handful but half of the shades, I'm really loving so please stay tuned!  Meanwhile, I'm gonna talk about my two lippie pencils.


The reason I got these was because I needed something to line my lips with when wearing bold colors.  However, I find myself using them more often as normal lipsticks.

These are priced at 5 bucks each and they weigh the same as the lippie stix ones. 

I'm not sure if all shades have an equivalent lip pencil partner.  What I only know is, the pencil version of a shade is not exactly the same color as with the lippie.  

Color

Dalia is a bold wine color and for me, a perfect combination of red and purple tones.  It' has a nice color payoff but I find it a bit streaky.  

Frida is a bright peachy coral with hints of pink.  With one swipe, the you'd get a full, beautiful color.

Both shades are no longer available on the site, even their lippie stix version.


Application

The both glide like butter but Frida is smoother.  Dalia needs a bit more effort because again, it's streaky.

Also, in case you're wondering, Colourpop Lippie Pencils need a sharpener.


 Finish & Formula

Apparently, these appear more matte than my Lippie Stix in Creature.

Frida also looks velvetty.  I love it!


Lasting Power

The problem with Dalia is how it fades because it starts at the inner parts and since it's a dark color, that doesn't look pretty.

Frida is not long-wearing either but it's more manageable.


Dupe Alert

Frida has that peachy vibe of Celeteque's Nude and pink tones of LA Girl's Dreamy.  For Dalia, I didn't find a color dupe in my collection.



Between the two, I'm loving Frida waaaay more!  It's more wearable and I think it complements my skin tone better.


your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?