Colourpop Lippie Stix in Creature

by - April 09, 2017

I was planning to do a swatch video for all of the Colourpop lip products I own, but I thought making one only for the liquid lipsticks would be better.  Well, I only have a handful of those then two lippie pencils and this one.  I'm gonna film soon so please stay tuned!

I actually wanted to try more shades and some from their Matte X line as well.  Anyhoo, let me talk about this baby for now, or shall I say, creature.


Color & Finish

This is one of Colourpop's regular matte lipsticks.  Like I said, they also have Matte X lippies which are 101% flat and has zero shine.

I got a dark shade and it's made from a collaboration with Eugénie Grey, the badass blogger behind Feral Creature.


Suitably dubbed “Creature” this deepened blackened burgundy red with a matte finish is “a sultry, fierce red for the world dominator.” — Feral Creature


At first swipe, it looks very burgundy but as I build the color up, it becomes darker and more opaque.  The pigmentation is nice, but apparently, it requires a second layer to get its true color.

It's also a kind of matte lipstick that leaves a little bit of shine.  


Application

Here's the tricky part.  I'm not sure if it's the same with all or most CP matte lipsticks, but it requires more effort if you want an even, neat application.

It also emphasizes lip lines and whenever I have flaky lips, it's worse.

I also find that it's a bit streaky and without using a brush, it's just impossible for me to do a nice full lip color.


By the way, I wanted to have a bolder color when I took these photos, but unfortunately, it's not easy to even out multiple layers.

Formula

It has a nice vanilla-ish scent and it glides smoothly.  It feels comfortable and hydrating as well.


Lasting Power

It falls short of being a long-lasting matte lippie.  It transfers easily and it usually fades first around the center of the lips.


Maybe the lighter, more natural-looking shades would be more manageable.  Well, there's only one way to find out, right?  I need to buy more!  Haha!  😃

Despite of being unforgiving, I'm making it work by using it as a lip stain.  I would just dab it to give my lips a bit of color and it's pretty.  I'm loving it!


What do you think?  Have you tried Colourpop's Lippie Stix?  


your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

1 comments

What do you think?