Cosrx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid

by - May 22, 2017

Before I start prepping for the video I'm gonna film tonight, let me do a quick post about Cosrx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid.  If you can recall, I featured this in one of my haul videos.  In case you haven't watched that, click here.

This K-beauty brand has been one of the most-raved lately.  I've heard a lot of amazing things about Cosrx and people are really saying that its products are effective.

Good thing, BeautyMNL carries most of the products and compared to other online shops, they are priced reasonably.  


Of course, the first one I tried is this blackhead power liquid, which is one of the best-selling pore-care items as well.  

First off, I love their no-frills packaging.  All of their bottled products have this simple design. The only difference is the label in front.


The formula contains 4% Betain Salicylate, a well-known type of BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acid) that can get rid of trapped clogs inside the pores.  Products with this are usually recommended for oily and sensitive skin types.

As you can see, it doesn't contain paraben - only the good stuff.  It also has willow bark water, sodium hyaluronate and Vitamin B5 to add moisturizing and anti-aging benefits.


Since it's a chemical exfoliant, I suggest you use it 1 to 2 times per week then go more than that after a month.  Check first if your skin will react differently before applying it more frequently.  I use it only at night but if you are also incorporating it in your daytime skincare routine, don't forget your sunscreen.

I apply it after the cleansing part (sometimes, after toner) using just my fingers.  They strongly recommend to allow full absorption before layering your next skincare on.  That way, it can do its job more effectively.  Also, it's not advisable to use another BHA or Vitamin C-based products while using Blackhead Power Liquid.  


It feels and looks like water except it's a bit thicker in terms of consistency.  It doesn't feel greasy nor slimy and it is very lightweight.

When applying this (two pumps), I would start on my nose and cheek area, then I'd pat it on my chin as well.  Afterwards, I would massage it all over and wait for it to dry.  

I've been using this product since February and I really love how it makes my skin brighter and less prone to breakouts. Well, except during the time of the month but still, nothing crazy because I would only get a tiny pimple (or maybe two).  

Yes, I still get clogged pores but it's more manageable.  I also use nose strips every 2 weeks to remove the nasty stuff buried inside and pore masks.  With regular use of BPL, it takes a longer time now compared before until clogs build up again.  I noticed that my skin's overall texture has improved as well but of course, it could be because of the help of other skincare I'm using.

Overall, I'm definitely impressed and for sure, I'd be trying more Cosrx stuff later on.  Next on my list - Advanced Snail Power Essence, one of their oil-free moisturizers and Good Morning Gel Cleanser.


What do you think?


your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

1 comments

What do you think?