One Brand Review - Celeteque Sun Care Line

by - July 23, 2017

About a week ago, I had a belated summer trip with the squad.  It's actually quite unplanned and impulsive.  Perhaps, we all just needed a quick breatherz so one fine Sunday, we booked tickets to Boracay and decided to spend two nights in the island.

Of course, I made sure to pack my sun care goodies from Celeteque even if I wasn't expecting (but hoping for) a good weather.  July is usually the start of rainy season but when we got there, it was a bright, sunny day.  🌞


I got these back in March but I didn't get to go beachin' that time.  While waiting for a getaway, I tried to include the Matte Moisturizer in my daytime skincare routine.  I thought it's a perfect kind of a two-in-one product because it's mattifying and it doubles as a sunscreen.

However, I didn't like the thick formula.  It's difficult to spread out and it produces a very noticeable white cast.  


Its scent is nice though because it's not the usual sunblock fragrance.  It's slightly lotion-ish.

I can't confirm if it could really control oil, because when I put it on my face the first time, it made me look like a geisha, so I removed it.  😊

I guess I just really prefer a very lightweight daytime moisturizer and sunscreen.  I wouldn't mind using two separate products as long as they are comfortable to wear.


So as I was saying, I brought my sun care duo to the beach.  For the face, I still used my Innisfree sunscreen but for the body, I applied this Sun Defense Spray with SPF 50 (449 php).

I gotta say, using a sunscreen spray like this is so convenient.  It's also light and can fit perfectly in your beach bag.


It has a strong perfume-ish scent, which I'd prefer over sunblock fragrance.  It doesn't feel drying nor greasy when applied and what I like the most is the part when it gives a cooling sensation.

The formula is water-resistant but I wouldn't mind re-applying after taking a dip.  It also contains Vitamin E and sunflower oil that hydrate the skin.


I didn't get sunburn but I was extra prepared so I also brought this After-sun Gel (290 php).

It contains aloe vera and wheat extract to soothe and moisturize reddened or intensely dry skin.  It smells good too!


You can re-apply as needed especially if you have sunburnt skin.


As for the sunscreen spray, I also spritz some on when I'm wearing shorts or skirt on a hot, sunny day.  You see, sun protection isn't only for beach trips or outdoor activities.  Make sure to always shield your skin from the harmful rays of Mr. Sun.  😊


Céleteque Dermoscience Sun Care products are available in Watsons stores and leading grocery and beauty stores nationwide.

What do you think?


Like Celeteque on Facebook.



your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?