DIY Spotting - Makeup Brush Spray (Daily Cleaner)

by - October 11, 2013

Fist bump if you're guilty too of not cleaning your brushes at least once a week.  So hard, right?  Well, not hard, it's actually easy but you know, feeling lazy!  HAHA!  Good thing there's another way to keep them neat and ready for next application.  Thanks to whoever thought of making a daily cleaner spray.  *drumroll

I had one before from E.L.F. (check out the review here) and I realized that it's indeed, very handy.  Though take note ladies, we still have to do the full cleaning.  The frequency is up to you.

Ever since I became addicted to "pinning" (thanks to Pinterest) and successfully made my first ever DIY, I always make sure to check first if there are tutorials before I search and buy a product.  It could really help you save money.  #TrueStory  This time, I learned about creating your own daily brush cleaner spray.  Worth a try, I swear!  :)


The best part about this is that, it's a lot cheaper not to mention, the ingredients are most likely somewhere in your house already.  :)


I used shot glasses to show you the amount or ratio per ingredient.  Aside from these, you would also need a funnel and strainer but these are optional.  It depends on your conditioner and the size of your bottle.


Since I have a very small bottle (I re-used E.L.F.'s), I had to make sure the amount will fit in.  If yours is larger, just adjust everything.  Make sure to use water as the first reference.  


You'll only need a very small amount of conditioner.  I used 1/2 teaspoon.  Most likely, the scent depends on this ingredient.  Mine is from Human Heart Nature.  It smells like aloe vera which is nice.  I like the fragrance on my makeup brushes than on my hair.  HAHA!


You can also use distilled.  This should take the biggest proportion.  I put in 1/4 cup.


Pour in half of the amount of water.


You also replace this with baby shampoo.  

Mixing time!!!


The conditioner could be a little unforgiving in terms of dissolving.  It's up to you if you like to strain it.  The funnel on the other hand helps you pour everything neatly.  :)


By the way, you can re-use any spray bottle you have at home. If you can't find one, you can buy for only 20 php or a little higher than that.


Done!  Time to test it.


I tried 3 dirty brushes.  HIHI!


Same thing, spray then rub.


It doesn't make the strands dry.  My brushes are still soft and I'm loving the scent!  They are always ready for use and it's so convenient to clean them even in between applications.  

Go ahead and try this DIY!  It will only take 2 minutes tops.  

What do you think?


P.S.
Can't wait to purchase a new set of brushes!  Any suggestions?  



your sweetest drug,


You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?