Beauty Board - Polished Neutral Eyes + Warm Bright Pink Lips

by - February 26, 2014

Yay for a new series!  I decided to name it "Beauty Board".  In here, I'll be sharing some makeup looks that I tried and instructions on how to re-create them.  Exciting!  

For my first post, it's all about neutral eyes.  Well, a not-so neutral-everyday eye makeup since I had to make it look more polished because it's for a wedding.  It's my first time to attend a beach wedding and can I just say that it's very inspiring!  I'll share more photos taken during the event on a separate post and of course, my outfit!  HAHA!


Actually, I'm so used to this kind of eye makeup.  I've done it many times before.  I didn't wanna experiment other looks because my prep time was short.  (What's new with that?  HAHAHA!  Always rushing!  That's my thang!)

By the way, the photos of the products above are not mine (got it from Google) and I didn't actually use them - for reference only.  To know more about the brands that I used, click on the links below.

So, where to start?  Face.  


I still don't have foundation so I used my BB Cream.  To build the coverage up, I generously applied my concealer on certain areas such as under eyes, nose, sides of the lips and those with blemishes.  I set everything with my powder.


I went for full brows, no arch and a little thicker than usual.  I used a brown eye shadow first and finished it with my brow tint.  

Brow tint is really a must for me because I had to somehow match the color of brows to my new hair color.


For the eyes, it's really simple.  No special tricks whatsoever.  You know me, I always put on the lighter color on the 3/4 of the lids from the inner corners and put the darker color on my outer corners.  I find it the most suitable eye makeup for my eye shape.


I blended the corners to make a soft gradiation.  To brighten up the eyes more, I patted on more light and shimmery eyeshadow on the center of the lids.


I didn't wanna go all the way smokey so instead of using the same color I used on my outer corners, I first applied white matte eye shadow on my waterlines.  But then again, I need to balance everything so I blended some of the darker eye shadow on my lash lines.  


To add more glam, I lined my eyes with gel eyeliner.  I also did a very small flick towards the end.  I needed help in the lash department so I put on falsies.  HAHA!  As usual, I cut it in half and placed it on the outer corners.  Applying mascara on the lower lashes made a big difference too!


For the lips, I used here my lip tint plus a very pale pink lip liner.  Any warm, bright pink lipstick will do.


I finished this look by contouring my cheeks and adding a little blush.


I love my soft curls!  See that dress?  That's what I wore.  HAHAHA!  Don't mind my messy bed.


What do you think?  


I'll try to improve this series!  No makeup videos for now. :)

Good luck!




P.S.
Cheers to 200!!  We reached 200K views today!  Yay!  Thanks for the love and support! <3



your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Love the look! So simple and polished! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I don't think you have to have a foundation. Have you seen NikkieTutorials on Youtube? she used different kinds of concealers only for her face makeup. :)

      Delete
    2. thanks, Elle! <3

      yep, i agree! Besides, i'm not a big fan of foundation. I'm happy with BB cream + concealer. Will check that Youtube Channel. :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful post with us. There are goddesses in almost every country, among them the most famous in Greece and Rome, such as the goddess of love, the goddess of the sea, etc. Their influence is felt throughout the world. People have faith in the name of God. There is a new article, see here cool god names. Many different names have been given to God. You may find it useful in the future.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?