TOUCHDOWN - Banaue, Ifugao

by - April 19, 2014

I was in Ifugao three weeks ago for another wedding slash family vacay.  And yes, it's already the 3rd wedding I attended this 2014.  Not to mention, for 3 consecutive months.  Love is in the air!  HAHA!  But this one's super duper special because it's my #sisterswedding.  It was a simple celebration but the venue made it extraordinary.

My brother-in-law's family lives in Lagawe, a town next to Banaue.  Actually, he has relatives too all over Ifugao.  To witness the couple's celebration of love and union, we had to endure the 10-hour drive (by bus) but it's worth it.  It's was also a perfect time for us to tour around the place and see the famous Rice Terraces with our own eyes.


I have a new "Kuya". :)

view from our hotel

nature theme

pretty Jaela Bear







It was really cold and I loved it! 



Everything was green.  Nature lovers will really do enjoy the place.





The next day, we went to Main View Point and Native House.


The place was so photogenic.  


The couple had their photoshoot here as well.


While they're doing the pictorial, I was busy posing too.  HAHA!

star plank!

advanced plank








Beautiful flowers around Banaue Hotel.  We had our lunch here prepared by Chester's family.


After lunch, we went to Native House.  It's situated on top of a mountain so getting there was scary, at least for me who hates sharp curves. :)



We saw original Ifugao houses.  There were a lot of ancient statues too.  The local there said that everything made there has a meaning and purpose.

time to work out my arms!  HIHI!











We went higher and the view got more and more breathtaking.  



Rice Terraces

It was a different experience.  Different in a good way, of course.  It made me appreciate nature and the simplicity of life.  It just proves that God is an artist and His works are beyond beautiful.  I'll definitely miss how the clouds descend during nightfall and during rainy days.  The night seems longer and peaceful there unlike here in the busy city of Manila.  

Congrats to the Mr. and Mrs. Camhit!  <3




your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?