Make Up And Hair (MUAH) - Wet N Wild Fergie Lipstick in Old School Glam

by - November 26, 2014

I got another free lipstick!  Yay!  Thanks to Mami Joy for this awesome birthday gift!  Prior to this one, she also gave me Rimmel Kate Moss in Shade 09.  You can check out the review here.


I do not have a huge collection of lipsticks, but I'm starting to grow it little by little.  As I have mentioned, I'm also obsessed with lip tints and I usually prefer buying them over the other.  Furthermore, almost all of the lip products in my makeup bag are in bright colors.  I have no idea why and how it happened, but maybe, it's because I often opt for colored lips than nude.

Next to color, another preference of mine are long-lasting lippies.  I'm not fond of re-applying multiple times throughout the day, so it is important for me to use a lip product that has a very good lasting power.  That brings me to this lipstick's most awesome feature.  Now, onto the review.


Packaging

If there's one thing that Wet N Wild has to improve, it has to be their lipstick packaging.  The bullet is always exposed and the plastic covering has very poor quality.  You need to be careful because it is very likely to hit and damage your lippie when you open or close the tube.


Color

The shade is called Old School Glam, a bright coral red.  It looks lighter when applied compared to the actual color of the bullet.

In terms of pigmentation, I have no complaints.  It is very opaque even if you swipe it once.


Finish

Not shimmery, not super matte and not creamy.  There's a very minimal amount of shine.

Application

It glides smoothly on lips.  No dragging or pulling required.


I prefer a stained effect than the full color.  With light dabs, I'd get a pink coral color instead red coral.

Texture

It doesn't feel heavy at all.


Formula

It's also not dehydrating, but I'd still apply lip balm prior to avoid chapped lips.

I also noticed that it is almost scentless.


Longevity

Here's what it looked like on my lips after drinking and eating.


The intensity of the color had worn off, but my lips were still tinted.  I love it!

If you're still not convinced, check this out.


After washing my face and brushing my teeth, I still got this.  I used my makeup remover to completely wipe off the color and stain.


Overall, I really enjoy this lippie very much.  Color payoff is really nice and it lasts a good solid 5 hours (or more).

I'm not sure if Fergie collection is available here locally, so I couldn't share the price.  But comparing it with their other lipsticks, maybe it doesn't cost higher than 300 php.


Btw, here's one look I've tried recently using Old School Glam. :)

What do you think?


Like Wet N Wild Philippines on Facebook.


your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Awesome post!
    Makeup Studio Training Center offers you the best platform to learn makeup from professionals and become a pro at makeup artistry.

    makeup course in Kolkata
    makeup academy in Mumbai
    makeup institute in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?