Make Up And Hair (MUAH) - NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean Haricot Noir

by - January 28, 2016

This one's going to be short but ain't sweet.

Remember the story I told you in my October haul video about this deceiving eyeliner?  Well, let me continue that.


So yes, I joined a dance competition last year.  It's an annual thing in our company (work-life balance yaaay!) and 2015's theme was Hunger Games.  We wanted to look fierce and all that so for makeup, we went for black lips and smokey eyes.

Here's a photo.


When I saw this product at NYX store in SM Department Store, I thought it would be a great eye lid base and also I was like "hey, this can double up as a black lipstick".  So I immediately grabbed it.

I swatched it of course and I got instantly impressed by the color payoff.

However...

270 php (330 php original price)

When I tried it on my eyes, it seemed okay.  But right after I blended it with a synthetic brush, the color faded.

I gave it another shot but I skipped the blending part.  I topped it off with a powder eyeshadow and it looked better.

In the photos below, I used a sparkly cream eye shadow.


As you can see, it's very easy to remove. The texture is nice and it gives off a beautiful black color but since it goes everywhere, it's hard to work with this eye crayon.

To blend the edges, I lightly and very carefully did circular motions using a dense brush.


It also feels a bit tacky on the lids.

Then, it only took a couple of blinks for me to get this mess.


I remember using a primer before but with same results.  What more if my eyes become watery?  #timetobeaPANDAthen

I don't know about you but this is the type of eye product I would avoid.  It would be a real hassle to clean up the mess once you're out of the house.  More so, redo your makeup.


As a normal eyeliner, again it's fine but expect the same mess.

As a lipstick, it could work but it's not long-lasting.

Even though that Black Bean is a disappointment, I'm not saying that I hate all NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils.  I still want to try the other lighter colors especially Yogurt because Jenn Im uses that a lot. :)

What do you think?


Like NYX Cosmetics Philippines on Facebook.


your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?