Fashion 21 Double Up Mascara

by - September 12, 2016

When you found a makeup in the drugstore that's so good yet so cheap, you just couldn't help but rave about it.

So one day, I decided to give local drugstore brands a try and just when I had to pick up a mascara real quick, I found myself at a Fashion 21 counter.


I've mentioned a million times that I'm not picky when it comes to mascara but I usually stay away from waterproof ones.  As long as it doesn't cause mess around the eyes, I'm all good.  I've tried a couple from the drugstore and actually, that's the place I always go back to whenever I need a replacement.  I mean, come on.  Mascaras dry out easily anyway so I don't like to get the expensive ones.  Well, if I have extra cash then maybe I would.  Haha!


I got this for only 225 php.  Cheaper than a regular lipstick, right?

It's called Double Up Mascara and it's both for thickening and lengthening.


First of all, the packaging is nice.  It definitely doesn't look and feel cheap.

It comes with a plastic brush that has very thin bristles.  That's what makes it great at separating the lashes.


I think it only comes in one color - black.

It is water-resistant, not water-proof.  It doesn't smudge though.  Once it dries, it's there.  No budging.


One problem I have with it though is that, because the formula is not too thick/creamy, it has a tendency to go on my lids during application.

It really wets the lashes and gives extra length and volume.


Lashes might look too spidery but I'm down for that so no biggie.


It's not hard to coat each and every strand with this mascara.  Although, one thing to note about application is that, putting on a second coat might be impossible.  Since the lashes have dried and the bristles are really short, it's difficult to brush through them anymore.

As for the ultimate test...


Instead of giving me raccoon eyes, rubbing would turn it into eraser crumbs and the lashes stick together.  I think it's manageable.

Washing my face with my cleanser is enough to get rid of it completely.  Sometimes, a tiny bit remains but it's super easy to remove.


I might not need any eye makeup to make my eyes pop with this mascara!  I highly recommend this one.  Truly - a drugstore gem!


What do you think?



your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?