Maybelline Creamy Mattes in Touch of Spice and Nude Nuance

by - August 22, 2017

Here I am, trying to get a grip on myself and do a new post.  Ugh, feeling a bit emotional right now.

Have you experienced something extremely painful that once you think of the moment or something made you remember, you couldn't help but feel the same exact pain all over again?  Why such memories are more vivid?  It just sucks knowing that the moments that broke you are the same moments that stay in your mind for the longest time.  You could still remember how it killed you inside.  Now, tell me, why is it so damn easy to relive the pain rather than joy?  Fck. 😔

Anyhoo, I know for sure that you came here for a review and not to read my ramblings.  Haha.  So here you go, another lipstick-related post!


I already have 2 Maybelline Creamy Matte lipsticks.  I got both of them at a discounted price but they're originally affordable as well.  You can get one for only 299 php.

When these launched, I got excited coz everyone was raving about how awesome this line is.  I fell in love with the MLBB shades so I got Touch of Spice and Nude Nuance.


Color

Touch of Spice is a crowd favorite.  It's a nice mauve, old rose color.  

Nude Nuance is a medium-dark brown without any hints of mauve.

They're both really pigmented and perfect as an everyday, no-fuss lippie.  With one swipe, you can get its true color and it intensifies a bit more after another layer.


Formula and Finish

Creamy Matte is an all-matte line up (obviously) but the lipsticks are not 100% flat.  At least for these two, the finish is more like satin and velvety at the same time.

Formula-wise, I can confidently say that it's one of the most comfortable, creamiest matte lipsticks I've tried.  Like I said, they are not completely matte but how they appear on the lips would do for me.  


They smell good and do not dry the lips too much too!

Application

There's no tugging because it glides on the lips like butter.  However, I still recommend applying a balm or scrub prior to avoid flaky lips since it clings a bit.

Touch of Spice

Lasting Power

The color fades on the inner part during a meal or a drink but since the color is close to the natural color of my lips, it still looks okay.

Dupe Alert

I found a close dupe for Nude Nuance.  On some lighting, it looks similar with Touch of Spice but the brown is more prominent than mauve.


Between the two, I'm showing more love to Nude Nuance because I'm enjoying brown lipsticks lately.  

With these, I don't feel lazy to re-apply unlike when I'm using liquid lipsticks, I usually tend to apply once and that's it.  I just don't like the idea of having to put effort on touch ups unless I really have to.

  
Nude Nuance

I'm actually thinking of getting Clay Crush and one dark shade.  Any suggestion?


Like Maybelline Philippines on Facebook.



your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?