Make Up And Hair (MUAH) - Missha The Style Under Eye Brightener in Light Beige

by - December 28, 2014

Concealer is often present in my hauls because of 2 reasons.  Reason no.1 - I use it almost every day, so I tend to finish a pot or tube in just a couple of weeks.  I could survive without BB cream and foundation, but I'd definitely die if you take my concealer from me.  Reason no. 2 - I love trying different brands and types.  Like any other makeup, concealers differ in formula and most especially, coverage, so I try to look for "the one" that would work well with my dark circles.

Today, I have another concealer review to share with you guys and it's a newbie brand here on le blog.  


Its from Missha and it is called The Style Under Eye Brightener.  I don't know about "The Style" because it doesn't look stylish.  HAHA!  

Its in a usual tube packaging with a doe foot applicator.


This concealer is only available in 2 shades, Light Beige and Natural Beige.  I got the lighter color.  

I'm not sure if its available locally, so make sure to check out Missha counters for the price.  As you know, we are selling Korean cosmetics through The Chic Closet and it cost me only around 200 php.  The amount of product is not so much though.  


I would say coverage is really on the heavy side because of the consistency, which is thicker than other liquid concealers I've used before.  

There's no scent whatsoever, just the common foundation scent maybe?  The texture is creamy and it has a slight velvety finish.

I always apply it on top of BB cream/foundation.  Personally, that sequence works better for me.  

In terms of application, blending it with my ring finger does the trick.  Sometimes, I also use my Real Techniques Contour Brush to buff it when I'm in a hurry and to distribute it more evenly.  

One problem about this concealer is how it settles into fine lines.  It is also a bit cakey when it dries, so you would need a very good eye cream to hydrate the area more or a primer to avoid creasing.


A little amount goes a long way.  I often put 3 dots around the lower eye area, more if I have a very bad dark-circles-day.


It instantly brightens up the face and it also helps diminish the appearance of pores, so I also blend it towards the nose and cheek area.  

I would say that there's a tiny bit of highlighting effect, though I'm not sure if it's just because I'm using the lighter shade.


Even though the coverage is medium to heavy, it still feels considerably lightweight.  Furthermore, I've experienced some creasing, so you have to be careful when doing multiple layers.


If used alone, it still does the job of concealing my dark circles.  It also covers blemishes like pimple marks.  

In my opinion, this under eye brightener is not 100% effective, because there were times when I still think that my annoying eye bags are still noticeable.  Nevertheless, I don't regret buying this considering the price and the size of the tube makes it easy to carry around.  Perfect to bring when you're using a tiny purse and you know you would need to touch-up later in the day, right ladies?

It is actually a good everyday concealer, yes, but I'd recommend getting another one if you need extra help with those panda eyes.  

What do you think?

Like Missha Philippines on Facebook.


Stay tuned for the Missha BB Cream review and my face makeup routine.



your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

0 comments

What do you think?