My First Airbnb Experience and My #WhereToNext Listing
One of my life goals is to get my own pad - preferably nearer to civilization ('cause it's like we're living at the edge of the metro) and an outfit-photo-worthy surrounding would be a nice bonus treat. I know for a fact that it's kind of a long-shot for a young professional like me who earns a salary in the "Enough To Survive and Splurge Sometimes" category. The urge to make this dream come true became stronger when I've reached this tough phase called quarter life. #welcometotheclub
Well, my reasons to move out do not revolve around having a fancy life, nor proving my independence, but rather because it is getting harder and harder to travel from home to work and vice versa. It's tiring and I feel that it's taking a toll on me. And I know, some of you who are reading this might have raised a brow already. Believe me. I'm thankful for my job and I consider myself lucky to have one. But I'm only human (born to make mistakeeeeeesss... now sing!), so it's normal to complain and feel frustrated sometimes.
Two weeks ago, I had an opportunity to experience the convenience I've been yearning for. I had a good reason to rent a place close to our south office and to BGC, where Liz Lanuzo's 7th Blog Anniversary celebration was held (I'll tell you more about it on my next post). And let me tell you my Bae, travel was easy breezy!
Of course, booking a hotel room was the first thing my brain told me to do. But after a few minutes of trying to find a cheap and decent one online, I stopped and suddenly remembered some sites offering short-term condo unit rentals.
Eventually, I landed on this appealing website called Airbnb. The innovative, up-to-date layout and easy navigation got me.
Here are the things I love about this online booking/rental tool.
- Straightforward search options - with just a few clicks, you would be able to browse through different listings according to your preference (I just hope there's a button to sort them by price)
- Hassle-free signup process - just connect it to your Facebook account, verify via email/SMS and you're good to go
- Unique and amazing accommodations - the listings are waaaaay too different from hotel rooms/units, you might even see your dream home here! I was blown away especially with the international listings
- Short-term rentals - perfect for those who just need a place for a night or two, want a quick break from a noisy neighbor, have early appointments or for those travelling
- Payment mode - they accept major credit cards, Paypal transaction and more
- Affordable - you can get a hotel-like place with access to amenities for a fraction of the price
- Mobile App - on-the-go booking? Yes!