5 Makeup Products I Wish I Had Sooner

by - July 05, 2015

Ooh, cold rainy night!  I've longed for you!  HIHI!

Instead of a product review, I thought of sharing a different, more substantial post today.  Like I said before, I wanna squeeze in something like this from time to time.  Next up, a travel video!

For today, it's all about 5 makeup products I wish I had sooner.


My makeup journey has always been about discoveries.  Trying out different products one at a time is a hit-or-miss.  That's a fact.  But the whole thing/process brings me in a state of euphoria and let me tell you guys, it's addicting!

However, that wandering into the "beauty world" did not happen early.  Whenever I look at my photos taken years back, I cringe because of too much embarrassment.  Maybe if I had known about these products at that time, I wouldn't be ranting like "why the hell didn't I buy this and that???!!".  Or perhaps I could have looked better and more presentable during some important life events.

So, here are my 5 picks!

Lip Tint


This deserves a top spot in my things-I-can't-live-without list.  It's a life-changer for me because I don't have perfectly, naturally pigmented lips.  Mine are dark (but they look so much better now, thank heavens!).  

Lip tints became a big hit a few years back because of the Korean gradient lip trend.  If they were commonly available long ago, I would surely be hoarding them like crazy.  

They are long-lasting, dual-purpose (can be used as a cheek tint) and affordable.  If you're wearing them, it's like there's a youthful, natural glow.  I really think my teenager self would love them. Imagine yourself still looking fresh and perked up during a sweaty P.E. class.  HAHA!

Bronzer/Contour Powder


This one, I didn't think of as a necessity until I started to do full makeup.  It goes the same for highlighting powders.  I was amazed how the "play of light and shadow" on the face makes a world of a difference.  

However, for everyday makeup, I don't usually apply bronzer nor contour my face.

Brow Tools



Okay, I know I kind of cheated about this one.  HAHA!  I said 5 products in this post but mentioned "brow tools".  

Anyway, I just wanted to highlight brows in general.  I've only discovered the power of well-groomed and filled brows five years ago, around the time when I started working I think.  I'm not sure though who or what exactly brought me into the brow game.  I'm guessing it's a Michelle Phan video.  HAHA!  So yea, thanks to that (or her)!  

I think life could have been nicer if I had known about these brow tools at least during college days.  #exagemuch

I'd be okay with powder.  A brow pencil/crayon would be great as well.  As a bonus, let's add brow mascara/tint.

BB Cream


The only product I used on my face back in the days was loose powder.  And I'm not talking about the ones that come in a container with a sifter and a puff.  I'm referring to facial powders in plastic bottles similar with baby powders' packaging.



I was a fan of Lewis & Pearl's, especially the pink one.  It's scented and slightly tinted, but no coverage whatsoever.  

If I had known that BB Creams exist back then, I think I would love it as much as I do now.  I wouldn't hesitate to use it (but only the less expensive ones 'cause you know, student budget).  It gives a natural finish and with added skincare benefits so I think it's okay to use for school makeup.

Red Lipstick


I can't remember the color of the first ever lipstick I bought but for sure, it's not on the nude side.  And if I could time travel, I would definitely buy me a red one!  Oh, make it two!

It's a classic makeup staple.  Something that you can rely on when you need extra glam or when you're just too lazy to apply makeup but still want to cheat a bright, like-I-put-so-much-effort-but-did-not kind of look.

Thanks to Kris for giving me MAC's iconic and much-loved matte red lippie, Ruby Woo.


So, that's it!  If I can go back in time, I'll bring this stuff and give 'em to the "high school/college Ichi".  

Now, it's your turn to share your list.  Comment down below 'cause I'd love to know what your picks are!


your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Hi ate Ichi, I'm interested about buying lip/cheek tints. Can you give me recommendations? Appreciate it. xx - Gabs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!!

      Tony Moly's Tony Tint is the most pigmented and long lasting out of the ones I've tried. Very affordable too - below 200 php I think. You just have to blend it real fast 'cause it dries and stains fast too. :)

      I heard Peripera tints are also great. From Etude, I've their Dear Darling tint. Much easier to work with than Tony Tint.

      Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I purchased cosmetics products online from Awesome bazar. Awesome Bazar provides best competitive prices product and fast delivery process . Really very nice service of awesome bazar, Awesome bazaar best Shopping destination. Find At https://awesomebazar.com/cosmetics.html

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?