Momo Magic - Solo Bohol Trip

by - December 12, 2017

Have you ever felt broken and lost?  Have you ever wondered how to survive a day when you're consistently trying to look for a part of yourself that drifted away.  Have you ever battled with yourself at night convincing yourself to just fall into slumber even if the pain is just too much to bear.

The deep sorrow.  The longingness.  The endless questions.  These and more, I had to endure while trying to pull myself together because after all, life goes on.

That's why I needed to go.  I had to let it all sink in and for once, force myself to pick up the pieces and start over.


It was a spontaneous trip.  I found out about this resort in Bohol from a friend and the homey, peaceful vibe was perfect for the breather I needed.

Momo Beach House is located in Panglao.  It's less than an hour away from Tagbilaran airport.  They offer transfer service (extra charge) so getting there was a breeze for me.


The moment I arrived, they made me feel at home instantly.  They offered welcome drink and cookies.

The place has its own cafe.  The food selection is a limited though and a bit expensive for one, so make sure to buy extra on the way.



They got homemade bath necessities too.


On the first night, I ate the most delicious sinigang (probably) I have ever tried.




I had a feeling that time was passing by slowly.  I don't know.  Maybe that's just how it is when you're at a state of solitude.





The following day, I went to Alona beach.  Momo offers free transfer twice a day.







I didn't know what to expect, though I heard beaches in Bohol are also okay.  I wanted to go for a dip but I couldn't leave my stuff.  😪

See?  There are things that you just wouldn't be able to do when you're alone.  






I spent the entire afternoon there and then went back to the resort to chill by the pool.



They even gave me postcards and banana bread. 😍

I'm not a morning person but I had to wake up early to enjoy my last few hours in the resort.




I loved the tranquil space and privacy that Momo offers.  Not to mention, everyone was so accommodating and even a solo traveller like me would not likely encounter any problem staying.



Sure, it's hard to appreciate the beach but if all you need is a quiet, intimate moment alone or with your partner or family, this could be your hideaway.



And I have to give their food a big 👍 as well!

I already miss that shabby chic beach house.  I went there without the assurance that I'd feel better and true enough, I'm still not totally okay and that, I'm not ashamed of admitting.  However, the whole experience even though short, was something worth remembering - the blank stare at the wall, the bottles of beer, the silence so intense you could clearly hear your thoughts. 


Like I said, I needed that time alone.  Well, it's not really because I had to find that part of myself that the person took away with him, no matter how cliche that sounds.  But I guess, I just needed to feel the emptiness to realize how much love I need to give back to myself.

So there, thank you, Momo for the worry-free stay.  💙


Tel: +63 (2) 5539549, 8561443
E-mail: inquiries@momobeachhouse.com


your sweetest drug,

You May Also Like

1 comments

What do you think?